Author Topic: Evans fires Di Canio warning  (Read 6759 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Evans fires Di Canio warning
« on: September 12, 2011, 11:29:16 AM »
STEVE Evans has warned rookie Swindon boss Paulo Di Canio to cut out the touchline histrionics if he wants to be a success in management.

The Reds chief is set to go up against the former West Ham and Celtic striker for the first time next Tuesday but does not want any of the controversies that have overshadowed the Italian's tempestuous start to his career in the dugout.

So far this campaign Di Canio has already been involved in a brawl with his own player Leon Clarke while there were more ugly scenes after his side's win at Rotherham.

And Evans is hoping that people will only be talking about the football after the two bosses square up at the Broadfield.

"I'm sure the Crawley fans will make him feel welcome on Tuesday in the same way home fans welcome me when my team play away," he said. "As long as we don't see the kind of scenes we saw on Sky over the last few weeks I'm looking forward to going up against him.

"But when you see a manager clashing with his own players then it suggests that something is wrong. Rotherham manager Andy Scott has come out and expressed his views about what has gone on publicly and it isn't the sort of thing you want to see."

Despite the fiery nature of the Italian, Evans thinks Di Canio is good for raising the profile of lower league football and can use his profile as a positive force in the game.

"I think having someone like him can be good for football as it certainly brings a lot more exposure to our league," said Evans. "My memories of Di Canio are watching him play as he was a fantastic footballer and wonderful to watch.

"Whether if I was a chairman I would want him as my manager though is a totally different question, although it's not really my place to say.

"All I know it's a massive week for us and the Di Canio Circus rolls into town next Tuesday."

Evans believes his side are entering a crucial period of games as the League Two table starts to settle down.

The Reds visit high-flying Morecambe on Saturday while they host Bradford City four days after the visit of Swindon.

Former Bantams winger Scott Neilson will be desperate to face his former club, and Evans revealed the wide-man was still very much part of his plans despite the player hardly being involved so far this campaign. "Scott hasn't been in the side recently but that doesn't mean we think he has suddenly become a bad player. The problem for him has been that the players who have come in have done very well. From the side I selected on Saturday who am I meant to call into my office and say they are being dropped for not playing very well?

"I couldn't leave anyone out after that so Scott needs to wait and try and take his chance when it comes. We had a chat and he knows that I will always pick the team on merit and based on performances."

Scots Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Evans fires Di Canio warning
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »
Pot, kettle, black me thinks

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
You have got to laugh at that first line. It's a bit like Satan asking for a bucket of water.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »
We all know that Evans never leapt from his seat and shouted at everyone from the referee to the tea lady, and he wouldn't dream of calling his team cheats when they had suffered a narrow defeat. As Di Canio has commented: "Evans, who's he?

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »
Wahay!!!! another Evans thread !!!!!!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

::)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »
No one is forcing you to read it. Or do you slavishly read every thread? Try being selective.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:08:53 PM »
Oh well Swindon won 3-0 so that should shut him up for a while.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 10:44:09 PM »
No one is forcing you to read it. Or do you slavishly read every thread? Try being selective.

not much!!

Be Selective, please tell me more? So can I spam up this forum with quotes or articles from anyone (I could just about make it BUFC related by making sure that we might of once played that team or maybe some other ex managers) and let other members of the forum decide whether its worth reading!  LET IT GO

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »

not much!!

Be Selective, please tell me more? So can I spam up this forum with quotes or articles from anyone (I could just about make it BUFC related by making sure that we might of once played that team or maybe some other ex managers) and let other members of the forum decide whether its worth reading!  LET IT GO

The topic heading said "EVANS FIRES DI CANIO WARNING" so surely you must have realised what the topic would be about yet you still read it and then moaned that it was about SE.... As was previously said,did anyone FORCE you to read it???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »
We should not discriminate against people (like myself ) who like to discuss Evans .
Many topics on here  have no interest to me but why should they be withheld ,  I ignore  them , that keeps us all happy .

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 05:12:22 AM »
Is this a serious article?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »
 The thread is more humorous than serious, keep it up chaps!

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 10:55:14 PM »
Let's just all rejoice fatty going into freefall!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 07:09:09 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crawley_town/9592073.stm

Looks like 3 defeats in 4 have opened that revolving door......

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 05:00:40 PM »
Tough crowd. Still pathetic. Infact two threads on the same subject and started by the same person!  ???