Author Topic: V Solihull  (Read 17089 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: V Solihull
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
I have waited a couple of days before posting and have still come up with the same thoughts that I had on Saturday at 4.45, that was the worst BUFC performance I have seen since the FA cup game against the farmers from Averly. I am going to resist the temptation to slag anyone off because I don't think that achieves anything. We looked unfit and ponderess on the ball and resorted to the dreaded hoofball. If we carry on like that at home gates will fall at an alarming rate and the knock on effect of that does not need spelling out. I trust our Chairman and his staff to put things right andf make some tough decisions, let's face it he hasn't let us down over these last few years.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 09:49:12 AM »
Unfit! That's the fitness coach position in doubt!

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »
I'm glad I was on holiday - sounds like a good game to have missed.  The comments on this post paint a pretty clear picture! 
Bit puzzled about the comments about Newsham being played out of position - am I right in thinking he played on the left of midfield?  That's where he played for most of the season when he got 30 goals a couple of years ago - he often looked more effective there than as an out and out striker.
Lack of goals was a predictable problem - was a problem last season when we had more strength in depth.  There were many games last season (especially at home) when we struggled to score and without the Yates/Pearson combination we would have been mid-table.
Say what you like about Stones, but in virtually every game he has played he has had 2 or 3 chances - I think that if he had got a goal in his first couple of games he would be flying but unfortunately he hasn't and his confidence will now be low.  I would like to see Suarez do well, but without decent service he won't even get double figures.  Why anyone would think Stones/Suarez up front would work is beyond me - sounds a bit like trying something different because we were playing the bottom team?
Is fitness a problem?  Not sure - when I've seen us so far this season we haven't looked particularly sharp, but then we've scored in injury time in our 3 away wins so something must be right.  I would just question whether we can afford a fitness coach when we so desperately need a striker?
Looking on the bright side, we could be in a lot worse position - without the later winners at Workington and Stortford, and if Halifax had scored the sitter they missed in the last minute, we'd have 6 points and a lot more to worry about.     

Come on you yellows

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2011, 08:56:42 PM »
Make no mistake about it Solihull looked a poor side, who for the first twenty or so minutes looked there for the taking. Unfortunately we just don't seem to have the fire power this season to be clinical in front of goal. The team selection to me seemed wrong, i'm struggling to think of any team in the Premiership who play with two up top, it just never works and it certainly didn't work on Saturday. We allowed Solihull too much time at the back to pick up loose balls and to find a man. The team desperately needs someone up there who can chase and pressurise back fours,lets face it, players in this league will make errors when put under a decent amount of pressure. Stones and Suarez may not be everyones first choice strikers, but it will simply never work unless a little guy is up there with the desire to chase flick ons and force defences in to costly errors. The squad is more than capable of being a good team in this league, we are just lacking some firepower which i'm sure Jason and Lee are working on. This squad isn't as bad as some of the results have suggested, but unless Newsham is played up top, a prolific goal scorer is brought in, or Dudfied decides to help out his mate Jase, then im afraid this poor form in front of goal may continue. Keep behind the players who make no mistake about it are trying their best and lets hope that there's some activity player wise before Saturday 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »
Make no mistake about it Solihull looked a poor side, who for the first twenty or so minutes looked there for the taking. Unfortunately we just don't seem to have the fire power this season to be clinical in front of goal. The team selection to me seemed wrong, i'm struggling to think of any team in the Premiership who play with two up top, it just never works and it certainly didn't work on Saturday. We allowed Solihull too much time at the back to pick up loose balls and to find a man. The team desperately needs someone up there who can chase and pressurise back fours,lets face it, players in this league will make errors when put under a decent amount of pressure. Stones and Suarez may not be everyones first choice strikers, but it will simply never work unless a little guy is up there with the desire to chase flick ons and force defences in to costly errors. The squad is more than capable of being a good team in this league, we are just lacking some firepower which i'm sure Jason and Lee are working on. This squad isn't as bad as some of the results have suggested, but unless Newsham is played up top, a prolific goal scorer is brought in, or Dudfied decides to help out his mate Jase, then im afraid this poor form in front of goal may continue. Keep behind the players who make no mistake about it are trying their best and lets hope that there's some activity player wise before Saturday 
excellent first post coyy

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »
The team selection to me seemed wrong, i'm struggling to think of any team in the Premiership who play with two up top, it just never works and it certainly didn't work on Saturday.

You should have put a full stop after the word think. Once you've worked out what I'm getting at, perhaps you should have a chat with Sir Alex Ferguson and tell him playing two up front doesn't work. When you've done, call Harry Redknapp and Kenny Dalglish...

Come on you yellows

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
The team selection to me seemed wrong, i'm struggling to think of any team in the Premiership who play with two up top, it just never works and it certainly didn't work on Saturday.

You should have put a full stop after the word think. Once you've worked out what I'm getting at, perhaps you should have a chat with Sir Alex Ferguson and tell him playing two up front doesn't work. When you've done, call Harry Redknapp and Kenny Dalglish...

I was referring to playing two target men up front in Suarez and Stones, which is why I suggested that Newsham would be a better option with either Stones, Suarez or even Jason Lee, despite his reluctance to pick himself unless necessary