Author Topic: V Solihull  (Read 17099 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Solihull
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
I dont normally moan, but today we was rubbish and to make it worse they was rubbish also, I dont like to single players out, so I wont. The only positive for me was Alan White and Young Tom Ward the young lad is looking better each week.

Really though? Everyone had their faults today and problems start at the back with Bazza kicking being poor and white and ward do not play to feet they hit and hope everytime. It just bypasses the midfield and we have to rely on stones and mikel chases them down but that will never happen

"just byepasses the midfield"....what midfield would that be then?
We are playing just 2 in midfield and being outgunned every game by teams playing 4 in the middle.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »
Sleath and Church bossed the midfield on their own last year.  Hall and Sleath just can't seem to get hold of teams in the same way.  Most worrying is that teams see loads of the ball and loads of time in our half.  Hall and Sleath are running around like loons but just don't seem to be able to stop them controlling the game.  Are we too deep all the time, giving them too much space to cover?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 09:34:49 PM »
agreed, far too much time chasing balls too

Tony Goor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 09:41:40 PM »
Official website states: "Stones and Suarez had been paired in a powerful attacking partnership".  I think that says it all.  The supporters have said all season there will be no goals coming from those two . . . and there isn't . . . nor will there be.  They are no better than United Counties players and defences know that!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
Andy, if you haven't changed ur mind in a week or so ill take u up on that ticket. Will pay full price as always but instead use the cheap ticket to persuade a friend who usually prefers the champions league on a tuesday night. I also feel we could be lucky to get more than 1000 on a Tue with poor results/performances, cold dark autum nights and champions league on the tele again.

Nope I won't change my mind.....pm me your address and I'll post it this week and instead of the fiver get me a programme and post it to me, the club have had the money for the game and your mate is getting a bargain.........of sorts!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »
Andy, if you haven't changed ur mind in a week or so ill take u up on that ticket. Will pay full price as always but instead use the cheap ticket to persuade a friend who usually prefers the champions league on a tuesday night. I also feel we could be lucky to get more than 1000 on a Tue with poor results/performances, cold dark autum nights and champions league on the tele again.

Nope I won't change my mind.....pm me your address and I'll post it this week and instead of the fiver get me a programme and post it to me, the club have had the money for the game and your mate is getting a bargain.........of sorts!

Ha  ha carl wants to bore his mate to death. He wont be ya mate after lol

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
On hearing that Deeping Rangers won 6-1 today I did think for a minute that I should have attended that game.  I've only lived in Deeping for less than two years and have no interest in the club but I probably would have seen a team playing with passion and would have got better value for money.

Deeping Rangers have also reached the FA Cup 1st qualifying round so there is a chance that Boston vs Deeping could happen in the 2nd qualifying round and on present form......  :o

Bob Lee

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
Utter dross.I can't think of a single positive to take out of todays performance.Couldn't defend properly,couldn't pass and nobody looking likely to score.Many of us had doubts about the quality of the squad,but were prepared to give them a chance.We are now eight games in,and i see no improvement from the first couple of games.This team looks more like a relegation team than one that can challenge at the right end of the table.We lack quality in too many areas.Gates are already down,and there is nothing there to entice the missing 2/300 back.Something has to change-and sooner rather than later.
Well said that man,  two more matches and i will make a comment.  it's very hard not to.

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 01:26:27 AM »
Sleath and Church bossed the midfield on their own last year.  Hall and Sleath just can't seem to get hold of teams in the same way.  Most worrying is that teams see loads of the ball and loads of time in our half.  Hall and Sleath are running around like loons but just don't seem to be able to stop them controlling the game.  Are we too deep all the time, giving them too much space to cover?
Think Townender talks sense as playing Suarez and Stones together just invites the long ball and the defence duly obliged today. Result = ball is not being held up by strikers toallow midfield to join in and support, but is just given away cheaply and the midfield are always on the back foot again. Sleath and Hall were the only players trying to put any passes together but they were feeding on scraps and were therefore not able to stamp any authority on the game.
Found the lack of vocal support dissappointing today too- the most noise made was the booing at half time and final whistle-sure this will help team confidence no end.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 01:29:17 AM »
Am I the only one who thought Stones came out of this well. About time he had some praise, he should of had 2 . Good performance and kept the defence of Solihull busy, didn;t think it worked well with suarez, but with newsh we can hope
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:49:38 AM by shorty2kuk »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »
We actually battered them for the first 20 minutes, and should have been at least 2-0 up. Confidence must have gone down through not scoring, and it was all downhill from there.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
I did not manage to get to the game, but my brother said they were very poor.  he said the best player was sleath and the others did not look bothered.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »
Utter dross.I can't think of a single positive to take out of todays performance.Couldn't defend properly,couldn't pass and nobody looking likely to score.Many of us had doubts about the quality of the squad,but were prepared to give them a chance.We are now eight games in,and i see no improvement from the first couple of games.This team looks more like a relegation team than one that can challenge at the right end of the table.We lack quality in too many areas.Gates are already down,and there is nothing there to entice the missing 2/300 back.Something has to change-and sooner rather than later.
Well said that man,  two more matches and i will make a comment.  it's very hard not to.

Spot on you've thought we were bottom of the league with no points the way we hoofed it all day long, while they played triangles round us on the edge of our area

Seenbetter

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »
Oh dear. Very very very few good points from all of these posts. Stones will always get a game because JL wants to prove he was right to get him. Stones and Suarez not good enough. Poor Newy may as well stay at home, he's out of position. I really feel very sorry for the players who try hard and I think are being let down by tactics and managers. Your heads would drop if you were being badly led.

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
Had Stones not missed those 2 sitters in the first 15-20 min it might have been a completely different game, but there you are he did miss them and after that they seemed to grow in confidence. It only the result that counts, look at last weeks game. We were out played only to score in the 96 min. Its a funny old game