Author Topic: V Solihull  (Read 17104 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Solihull
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 06:14:23 PM »
As i've been working Saturdays, i've not been to watch a game at all this season. Today was my first free Saturday and i still never got there due to other commitments. I did though listen to the game on the 'live  feed' All i can say is i'm bloody pleased i never went, it sounded dire.

I have to agree with OCM, the gates are down. That could be due to the economic climate, with the added, 'the team are not good enough, i'm not wasting my hard earned cash on that'
Now i'm not certain what the answer is, plus no team whoever they are have the God given right to win every game. All i can say is, if you really want to beat teams, in any league, you have to have better players than the others. At the moment it seems we're lacking in that area, i, we, us can't do anything about that, only the people at the top can put that right.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:16:49 PM by lonegunman »
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
  Sadly , looking at the historical picture of B.U.F.C (well since c1966 ) I can list  about 4 to a dozen points .
     1. Club has maybe 'overperformed '  for some of that time  .
       2  The towns geographic  isolation , lack of road investment and rail closures in that time have resulted in a somewhat  unattractive  proposition for both long-term players and visiting supporters .
           3  Management events 2002-2007 have left a bad taste in many mouths of the profession .
               4  Following on from 3 .. the exodus of the Malkies have left club with little financial benevolence .. and a crippling ? stadium rent .
                More later  ?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 06:46:11 PM »
  Sadly , looking at the historical picture of B.U.F.C (well since c1966 ) I can list  about 4 to a dozen points .
     1. Club has maybe 'overperformed '  for some of that time  .
       2  The towns geographic  isolation , lack of road investment and rail closures in that time have resulted in a somewhat  unattractive  proposition for both long-term players and visiting supporters .
           3  Management events 2002-2007 have left a bad taste in many mouths of the profession .
               4  Following on from 3 .. the exodus of the Malkies have left club with little financial benevolence .. and a crippling ? stadium rent .
                More later  ?

And what relevance has the above to a load of pub players who haven't managed a single point coming to York Street and out playing our side?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »
Sadly there are other players doing no better than Stones .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »
I was just seeing things in a social and  historic  context  .
   OK  then . following on   
        5.  Two  managers may probably  work 1st time  . possibly 2nd time  .. but after that its time for ' enemy action ' .
                ( Paraphrasing Dr No / Goldfinger ( James Bond ) I think  ) )
                   6  Don't all teams have bad patches  ?

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »
.Couldn't defend properly,

Defence wasn't the real problem. I knew we were in for a long afternoon when we started with two tall, slow centre forwards. What were they going to do? Nod on for each other to race on to? How we miss someone up front with a bit of pace. In 33 years of watching at York Street I've never seen consecutive home games where the performance was so poor (and that's saying something!).

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
The managers don't seem to have a "Plan B" as all the players did was knock long balls up to the two cart horses up front.  Holsgrove should have started as he gives the attacking line the pace it needs. Also, where as Solihulls players sometimes attempted shots from outside the area, I can't recall any of our players doing the same.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 08:05:20 PM »
Seven points behind gainsborough. Amazing what a change in manager does.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
We must have mug tattooed on our foreheads if the chairman thinks paying £12 - £14 for this kind of "football" is acceptable. We've lost nearly 400 fans compared to last seasons average attendance. Next Tuesday could well see the usual hardcore 1000 fans turning up, like in the Tommy Taylor / Steve Walsh season. We may well be stuck in the BSN for some time, but at least get a group of players that use the turf. I've got a sore neck after peering high into the sky so many times this afternoon. If we're going to play rugby, at least get Nobby to put the right posts out.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »
Well I'll say here and now if anyone wants my ticket for next Tuesday get in touch and put a fiver in the StP fund, I'm not going out of my way for a babysitter on the back of the garbage we've had to watch tonight. As long as the fiver is handed to Craig or JB thats fine.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »
It was shite i would av rather sat on my balcony watching the ships go bye

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »
If I didn't have a season ticket, I would definitely not be going again for some while. I don't care if that's not a proper fan but not one home game this season has dished up anything near a performance.

Even the "I'm just pleased we have a club" brigade can't bring up that 'argument' today. Utter, utter, utter garbage all round.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
Andy, if you haven't changed ur mind in a week or so ill take u up on that ticket. Will pay full price as always but instead use the cheap ticket to persuade a friend who usually prefers the champions league on a tuesday night. I also feel we could be lucky to get more than 1000 on a Tue with poor results/performances, cold dark autum nights and champions league on the tele again.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
I dont normally moan, but today we was rubbish and to make it worse they was rubbish also, I dont like to single players out, so I wont. The only positive for me was Alan White and Young Tom Ward the young lad is looking better each week.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 09:11:22 PM »
I dont normally moan, but today we was rubbish and to make it worse they was rubbish also, I dont like to single players out, so I wont. The only positive for me was Alan White and Young Tom Ward the young lad is looking better each week.

Really though? Everyone had their faults today and problems start at the back with Bazza kicking being poor and white and ward do not play to feet they hit and hope everytime. It just bypasses the midfield and we have to rely on stones and mikel chases them down but that will never happen