Author Topic: todays game  (Read 10770 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
Err, to be fair the offending statement began with the words "Wasn't that chairman the one..." That makes it a question, not an accusation.

Admittedly it can still lead to the wrong impression, but it really only needs the guy to delete it and people here to chill out.

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »
If the offending piece was a question why wasn't it followed by a question mark?  It was followed by 2 exclamation marks which I believe makes it a statement.  I'm quite chilled thank you but I'm winding a few up further daan sarf.

Adam

• View Profile
Re: today
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »
If the offending piece was a question why wasn't it followed by a question mark?  It was followed by 2 exclamation marks which I believe makes it a statement.  I'm quite chilled thank you but I'm winding a few up further daan sarf.

Because not everyone posting on internet forums is brilliant with the nuances of punctuation...

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »
What is a nuance !!!!!!    sorry ??
 :dan ;D ;D ;D
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 05:53:57 PM »
Well done to the managers for having the nerve to bring on Suarez for Holsgrove instead of Stones. It would have obvious to take off Stones but he won lots of headers and Holsgrove seemed incapable of choosing the best option. I'm not sure it should be a regular tactic but with Stones involved in the winner, you have to say it worked yesterday...

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
Stones not coming off must have been due to the lack of options on the bench. Holsgrove wasn't having the best of games so was they managers decided to bring him off, put suarez up front and newsh on the wing. If we had another winger or forward on the bench then i'm sure stones would have come off. Stones did well in the first half and won more than his fair share against a defence that didn't look strong however he dosen't seem to have the stamina required to last 90 mins and did v little in the second half.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »
i like stones, he wins a lot and tires defenders,

my only concearn is fans not giving him the time to learn where to put his headers etc,

stones is a true player, A fighter and not a player who will be given the run around

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »
It was unfair to put Micky in this position in all honesty. Here's a young lad that's played 1 game against a poor BSN team from the previous season and he's expected by the managers and fans to come up with the goods. That's unfair and unrealistic to expect this of him. The right progression for him would of been to play at UCL level before making the huge jump from the Lincs League to the BSN. There's no doubting he tries his hardest, but that simply isn't good enough. At present he's not ready for playing in the BSN. The managers need to loan him out to a UCL team to gain some more experience at playing non league football outside of the Lincs League. This could well develop him into a much better player and hopefully manage to work his way back into the team here.  

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
Young lad? He's 27!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
Thanks for your constructive input 86.
He's young compared to some of the other team members  ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 09:20:22 PM »
Spot on about loaning him out to UCL team!

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »
I thought he played UCL Level when he was at Sleaford Town?  

I'm pretty sure getting on someones back and telling them they are rubbish has never made them better.  Fair enough to voice concerns and dispense contructive criticism after the game but when he's on the pitch and giving his all get behind him and give him some support.  Its been said by other but I've got a lot of respect for someone who will give their all every week especially when all you get in return is stick.  Lesser men would have crumbled under that kind of pressure so give the lad some respect and remember that he doesn't pick himself in the team each week and that he has been filling in while others are injured.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »
I thought he couldnt get in Sleafords 1st team and played for Glens reserve team?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 09:55:19 PM »
You've obviously researched this in depth.  Have you ever considered a career in football management?  You seem to have a great deal of insight and knowledge.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 10:00:54 PM »
No thanks theres to many moaners!Only know from being told from two former UCL players!
Also a ref!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:04:39 PM by kingofnaves »