Author Topic: Semple  (Read 5891 times)

Bob Lee

Semple
« on: August 29, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »
Seems like the Spayne Road Moaners have a new target.

Thought he had a poor game thou.

Is he carrying an injury?   Or even more worryingly playing to orders?

John C

• View Profile
Re: Semple
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
I didn't go today but first half on Saturday he was skinning their left back at will, second half checking back rather than trying to do so (and getting moaned at then too). My guess is he's not fully fit but I have no information on that...

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
He seems to lose confidence quite quickly if he realises that he's up against a tough opponent. he could also do with adding a bit of variety to his game - note Sleath's twisting and turning over by the food oulet on the Spayne Road side in the seond half.

DL

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
He looked tired, as simple as that.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »
In his defence there team was a strong team, Not Dirty Strong but in most cases stood like doors in front of him

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:12:21 PM »
I was on spayne road today didnt hear much but then again most fans where today we have insane moaners all over the ground

Bartmac

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »
I thought he seemed to lack confidence, hardly tried to beat the full back, and just seemed to get rid of the ball as soon as he could, but I won't moan because of one poor game.  Thought Holsgrove looked a bit off the pace too.

Bob Lee

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
My first opinion was he was carrying an injury.

By taking Parker off and bringing Fairclough on, I think the managers were looking for Fairclough to overlap and take some of the pressure off Semple.

Mind you what do I know?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
Fairclough looks a better winger than defender!

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »

thats only because he spends far too much time out of position. he wants to be a winger at heart

Bartmac

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
Swap the over - Semples!!! ;)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 08:35:33 PM »

thats only because he spends far too much time out of position. he wants to be a winger at heart

Plays a little like Cashley Cole did when he first broke through.  Clearly has talent but his positioning and timing lets him down.  His pace should help in most situations at this level though as against some carthorses he'll get three or four goes to get the challenge right!
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:39 PM »
I've heard Arsenal have sensationally come in for Ryan Semple. Wenger has offered his back four but Jason Lee wasn't having any of it...!

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »
i thought semp played well again, as well as he did at harrogate. the problem is (i think) he as well as holsgrove must be losing heart. they both work their socks off and get no rewards for their work. they do great work out on the wings where its obvious they have be told to stick to as they never come inside. the problem lies in the tactics. there is never ever anyone in support from the back and are expected to do magic every time they get the ball. then when they do manage to swing a cross in (which they do well) there is never any one on the end of it. newsham far to weak physically to compete with any size defender and as for stones (pathetic), he is far to slow and beaton to every ball and does nothing to contribute to the team possitively.

Bartmac

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 01:43:35 PM »
does nothing to contribute to the team possitively.

Neither does your pulling apart of a young lad trying his best for the team, and further more, what real difference did Suarez make when he replaced Stones?