Author Topic: wardy  (Read 7067 times)

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
wardy
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »
well done today lad, quality. There strikers didn't get a sniff. Stones was better but were really lacking pace up front and i think we lacked urgency to try to win the game! Much improved with sleath in there though, newsh looked like he was blowing after first half cause he was doing all the chasing up top.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: wardy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
Pace And a bit of ion in the bodies and then i dont think we are to far of the team we want

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »
6 of us thought young ward did very well 2day..........we also said he had a certain mr white guiding him.....missed dudfield holding the ball up up 2day.....hench new striker defo needed and 4 pts from this wk end will take that.............

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
With a defender in and a forward out I think we now need to do the reverse. Hopefully the gaffers will have a chat with White and if he is happy, enjoying it and planning to see the season out get rid of Austin. Keeping Austin would be useful if White got injured but the budget doesn't allow for those sort of luxuries. Whilst Austin has given his all football is harsh and we need another forward. Presumably Austin is on a decent wage due to his experience and travelling costs allowing the managers to bring in some they want instead of dipping in the bargin bin.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »
Agree with that - can only see Austin as back up if White stays, especially if Ward keeps playing like that, and we can't afford that sort of player as back up.

First time I've seen Ward but he impressed me a lot - most encouraging was his leadership - I'm sure White helped him a lot but several times Ward was giving instructions to the players in front of him, not just worrying about his own game.  About the same age as Pearson when he joined - maybe a decent replacement?

Bob Lee

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »
Agree with that - can only see Austin as back up if White stays, especially if Ward keeps playing like that, and we can't afford that sort of player as back up.

First time I've seen Ward but he impressed me a lot - most encouraging was his leadership - I'm sure White helped him a lot but several times Ward was giving instructions to the players in front of him, not just worrying about his own game.  About the same age as Pearson when he joined - maybe a decent replacement?

I think when he bulks out he could be as good as Pearson.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »
And it's his birthday today.

:bunny Happy 21st Birthday Tom Ward  :bunny

as sponsored by Pilgrims' Patter.  8)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 03:32:26 PM »
Grit and determination allied to skill and composure was what Tom Ward showed us against Halifax.  Long may it continue and a Happy 21st Birthday to Tom.
United we stand..................

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »

[/quote]

Better IMO
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bartmac

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »

He certainly seems a lot faster than Pearson, and tries to play the ball out of defence.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »
Agree with the comments above, I feel he has greater potential.

Happy birthday Tom.

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
Yep happy birthday.Certainly has great potential -at 21 can only get better.
Thought both Semple and Holdsworth had quiet games on Monday, but Semple was good on Saturday. Just needs to be consistent, we all know what he's capable of. Holdsworth needs to know the right time to release more regularly, but can be a match winner in his own right-gone off the ball a bit last few games.We did lack a cutting edge Monday and for a while in the second half the ball did'nt stick up top, which makes harder work for the defence and midfield. Great to have Sleathy back, but does anyone else think that Chris Hall is doing a decent job in the middle too. He did look tired second half, but not sure if his work rate is being recognised-tidies up and distributes well-comfy on the ball.
Just need all 11 to hit their potential and we won't be far off.

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
Sorry meant Holsgrove !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »
I think the team should introduce themselves to Holsgrove in the pre-match huddle then he will realise he,s got team mates to pass to.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »
HOLSGROVE.........

God he really cheese me off, Bags of skill and talent and good anuth to kill most defence out the game......

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PASS THE FECKING BALL