Author Topic: Fans' Panel  (Read 11383 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Fans' Panel
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:20 PM »
Is anybody going to join the Saturday Sport Fans' Panel on behalf of Boston?  Otherwise it's a good 10-15 minutes of the show where Lincoln City and Gainsborough Trinity are covered and ourselves neglected.  We might as well add five minutes coverage of us to the show!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lincolnshire/content/articles/2009/08/03/fans_forum_feature.shtml

rob_bbc

• View Profile
Re: Fans' Panel
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:18:01 PM »
Rob from BBC Lincolnshire here. We havent 't got ANY Boston fans yet, it's YOUR chance to air your views on YOUR club and get some airtime for Boston.

If you wish to get involved email me on robert.makepeace@bbc.co.uk with a contact number and i'lll be in touch very shortly!

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
Rob from BBC Lincolnshire here. We havent 't got ANY Boston fans yet, it's YOUR chance to air your views on YOUR club and get some airtime for Boston.

If you wish to get involved email me on robert.makepeace@bbc.co.uk with a contact number and i'lll be in touch very shortly!

Bearing in mind the coverage we had last season - usually after everyone from Lincoln City had been interviewed including tea lady, oldest supporter etc - most probably think it's not worth it!

rob_bbc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 02:39:49 PM »
Well here is your chance to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Shodfried

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 06:22:19 PM »
The Bloated Broadcasting Corporation ought to have a good look at how they prioritize and report on local football. While no one can argue that The Imps rightfully get the lions share of the coverage its been nothing short of disgusting the coverage BUFC get in relation to the small clubs like Trinity,Grantham and Lincoln Utd. Just because Leeds Utd find themselves in the same division as Huddersfield do you think Radio Leeds give both clubs equal billing? Of course not, so why do Radio Lincs give disproportionate coverage to Trinity and their 300 fans while we get a 5 minute slot if we're lucky on a par with Grantham and the rest of the non league minnows who's gates added together don't equate to ours?

Time for you lot to play fair, we may have fallen a long way but the support and the interest in the club is still there, our lowest gate last season in the league was still far and away better than anything Trinity got in a league higher.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »
Does anyone on here listen to BBC Lincs any other time than when were are away online midweek?

I for one can count on one hand the amount of times I've had it on in the car on the way too and from games last season,

I used to listen to EVERY week only a couple of years ago both too and from games.

They've forgotten about us so I've forgotten about them to be fair, that is maybe why noone has come forward.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:42:21 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »
The Echo as you will know Patrick is not a publicly owned organisation therefore they are within their rights to decide what to print. The BBC is as we know a different matter being publicly owned, and cannot take decisions lighty. Some on this forum will know of a telephone conversation i had a few years ago with Charlie Parkingson the station boss. I got what i considered a undiplomatic and unhelpful response .
 After the call i decided i would like to pursue the matter further and called the station to ask the offical route. A  (few days later on Friday Sport Mr Parkingson appeared and commented  on the "friendly" calls he had received from BUFC fans and granted us our wish.  ( i.e commantry,s on FM.)
 Therefore we have two routes open to us
 1 phone MR PARKINGSON
 2.If you are not happy with the response go to the independent complaints board , the Lincoln office will give you details how to do this.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
Was,nt suggesting we should have full commentary Patrick , like others i don,t think we are getting fair amount of air time.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »
Yes Patrick.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
In the BSN we had live home and away commentary, because of how popular it was.

Bob Lee

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 12:05:21 AM »
Even when we were in the league, we received poor coverage.  I remember coming home from a Linscum v united match and thinking I had been at the wrong ground.  The comments after the match bore no resemblence to what I or any other in the car home had seen.  I always call this bias station radio Lincoln and like others do not tune in due to this reason. >:(

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 12:20:13 AM »
I "won" a mug and tea towel in a Chris Jones compo circa 1982.

Still not arrived!

Shodfried

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 07:04:57 AM »
I won a signed shirt in a BUFC online competition last season.

Its not arrived either.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 07:45:31 AM »
I have to also add that on the few times I have listened, that last hour seems awfully padded out like they are struggling to fill it now they have dropped us off the radar.

It is not just our coverage that has suffered over the last two years but the general poor quality of the show means that I don't listen to it anymore as the last hour is painfully dull where once they were struggling to fit everything in and ran over past 6 o'clock.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 10:27:16 AM »
Well Rob, of the BBC, any more comments after the above? It appears I'm not the only one with a gripe. Have you had any takers yet or will you mull over what's been said and give us a fair crack of the whip? I won't hold my breath