Author Topic: todays game  (Read 12274 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »
Last set of pics.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
And Big Jase left his mark (literally) on their defender when he scored... a lovely gash on the top of his head, pouring with blood!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
Go Stones! Whether players actually look at the forums but it can't help when they get slagged off before being given a chance. I reckon he is the sort of player that will score a few /anger defenders/get a few free kicks (may give away a few though). C'mon boston

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 09:25:09 PM »
Well done lads,great three points and a clean sheet.Let's get to York Street in numbers on Monday and gat behind the players.

well said that man ;)   buy you a pint in the club before the match.
I'll look forward to it Bob. ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 09:34:57 PM »
While some come on here and like myself disagree with noughty forties at times I object to his support being questioned in any way by some posters.
Many know of his work and contributions to the club over the years which puts most of us to shame .
What pleases me most about Andy is that I stand behind him on the Spayne terrace and never does he shout abuse at any players .   and conducts his moans through the Patter.
If we all follow his example YS would be a much better experiance on match days for players as well as supporters.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
While some come on here and like myself disagree with noughty forties at times I object to his support being questioned in any way by some posters.
Many know of his work and contributions to the club over the years which puts most of us to shame .
What pleases me most about Andy is that I stand behind him on the Spayne terrace and never does he shout abuse at any players .   and conducts his moans through the Patter.
If we all follow his example YS would be a much better experiance on match days for players as well as supporters.

Good post that. I don't agree with most of the moans, but everyone is due their own opinion. Great result today as well, didn't see it coming after Tuesday night!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 09:57:06 PM »
Second game of the season for me and a lot better than the first!
When we're about ten games in to the season we should have a good idea of this season's potential.
A great looping header for the second goal from one of the two 'shambolic clowns' who manage our club.
Talking of BUFC old-timers, it was refreshing to see Alan White undressed, given a ritual spanking, followed by a brutal mauling, thoroughly rogered and then sent back down south where he belongs!  :dan
Great performance Alan, keep it up!!

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »

Spot the cleanest shirt / shorts / socks / jumper combo!  :bunny

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »

He's got the sharpest elbows in the league?!

Who needs to shirt pull when you have a bonce like that to go at!!

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 10:25:06 PM »
Not that he needs me to defend him,but as far as i can tell all Andy has done is question the merits of some of the signings the managers have made.I have been just as vocal myself on that score.However,as i have said before i will not "have a go" at the players during a game,and Andy is the same.
I for one will continue to comment on issues i believe need addressing because i believe that is what an open forum is for.Some need to realise that sometimes questioning the direction the team is taking does not necessarily make you a moaner.
I suspect that those who moan on match days are unlikely to post on this forum anyway.

Bob Lee

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011, 08:10:54 AM »
Not that he needs me to defend him,but as far as i can tell all Andy has done is question the merits of some of the signings the managers have made.I have been just as vocal myself on that score.However,as i have said before i will not "have a go" at the players during a game,and Andy is the same.
I for one will continue to comment on issues i believe need addressing because i believe that is what an open forum is for.Some need to realise that sometimes questioning the direction the team is taking does not necessarily make you a moaner.
I suspect that those who moan on match days are unlikely to post on this forum anyway.

W**l  s**d t***e m*n

fill in the blanks ;D

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »
Wool shed taste men?????

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2011, 12:27:50 PM »
At the minute you really cannot predict which side we will see!  Yesterday was a huge improvement on VM at home (did not get to Nuneaton so cannot comment) which in my view was in the main due to more energy in the middle of the park.  Sleath's return cannot be underestimated, along with an improving Semple (absolutely tore strips off his full back in the first half before tiring in the second) and a fantastic performance from Ward at the back.  He was excellent and that maybe due to having the wise old head next to him?  Who knows.  Plus a nod to Bazza who has not had a great start to the season but was solid, distributed well and when called upon made the saves required.

As others have said, don't get carried away with the wins in the same way don't get carried away with the defeats.  Five gone and its been a mixed bag.  Not sure what anyone else expected given the changes and reduced budget.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
There has been some nonsense on issue.

I am one of the people who have questioned lots that has happened so far this year, but well said Andy and green hats mate. It's very early days, but yesterday was a very good victory, not perfect, but at least things are starting to improve, tomorrow will be a big test.

Just because we question what is happening does not mean we are moaning, we are trying in an open forum to be constructive to improve our great club, so dont anybody say we knock the club and dont support it.