Author Topic: todays game  (Read 12271 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
todays game
« on: August 27, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »
One nil newsham

milo1972

• View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:15:45 PM »
Delighted with todays result at Harrogate. From what ive heard Alan White was masterful at the back and Sleaths inclusion in midfield was beneficial, so thats two wins, two defeats and a draw so not too bad in my opinion. A win against FC Halifax in front of a good turnout on monday will finish the weekend off nicely. Up The PILGRIMS !

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:22:29 PM »
Well done, a good result!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
Come on you knockers, why don't you try to take the shine off today's game.  Expect you won't like the team selection, setup, energy and management decisions.  Oh! I forgot.  We scored 2, kept a clean sheet, created loads of chances and everyone performed really well.
United we stand..................

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »
Just pleased for everyone really and hope the squad can build from here, be given a chance to shine and we can all support whomever goes out there for us.

Bob Lee

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »
Come on you knockers, why don't you try to take the shine off today's game.  Expect you won't like the team selection, setup, energy and management decisions.  Oh! I forgot.  We scored 2, kept a clean sheet, created loads of chances and everyone performed really well.

another five games and I will make judgement,  well done lads very good win.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
Well done lads,great three points and a clean sheet.Let's get to York Street in numbers on Monday and gat behind the players.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
Great to hear of our convincing win and a much better performance by all. Well done to the managers and players for their efforts. Lets hope we can start to build upon todays positive result. Lets also hope the Boston public show their faith in the team and managers by turning up in numbers and giving the lads a good backing on Monday. It should be a decent atmosphere with Halifax bringing 200 - 300. Really looking forward to Monday.
Up the Pilgrims

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
Well done lads, decent win and and some big calls from the management today such as playing the inexperienced Ward when we needed a win.

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
Great result against the bookies favorites to win the league. Sounds as though we were very confident going forward and now that Semps is back to full fitness we can be sure that him and Holsgrove will tear defences apart! The addition of Whitey is a very beneficial one for us, and now Sleathy is back we're near enough at full strength. Yes it would be nice to have another striker who is proven to score goals at this level but we should be content with our strike force, when fit Newsh is more than capable of scoring goals, also the last 2 games have proven that JL can still do a job when needed. My only minor concern is if Jelly were to pick up an injury, do we have anyone else who can play at left back?

None the less, fantastic result today, bring on Monday! UP THE PILGRIMS!!

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 06:12:50 PM »
Great result against the bookies favorites to win the league. Sounds as though we were very confident going forward and now that Semps is back to full fitness we can be sure that him and Holsgrove will tear defences apart! The addition of Whitey is a very beneficial one for us, and now Sleathy is back we're near enough at full strength. Yes it would be nice to have another striker who is proven to score goals at this level but we should be content with our strike force, when fit Newsh is more than capable of scoring goals, also the last 2 games have proven that JL can still do a job when needed. My only minor concern is if Jelly were to pick up an injury, do we have anyone else who can play at left back?

None the less, fantastic result today, bring on Monday! UP THE PILGRIMS!!

I do recall Conners playing LB for a while ...you must remember tho White is too old we were told so by the experts yesterday ;)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »
Feel much more happy Sleathys back in the middle. Great result well done lads

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 06:25:22 PM »
just got in from the harrogate game which was the first game i have got to this season. in the first half i thought we were very good with some good passing football especially between newsham and holsgrove which resulted in a very good goal. we also made it hard for harrogate by closing down and battling hard. semple and holsgrove should have also scored. the second half was very different. we seemed tired and lacked movement and failed to support each other, with the exception of semple who had a very good second half. once stones went off for lee we seemed to have more to aim for which resulted in lee scoreing a very good looping header over thier keeper and just under the bar.
all in all it was good but fitness levels need to improve as does stones. stones was very slugish and slow to react. with suerez back up front in place of stones we have the makings of a good side. the defense looked strong and dealt well with the harrogate pressure.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
Well done United. Excellent win against a tsunami of negativety.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »
Defence was much more solid with White back but we have got to hope that Suarez stays fit as Stones a very poor substitute, or that we get another forward signed.

Sleathy also had a good game and showed little effect from his trip to China.

Well done lads and roll on Monday.