Author Topic: todays game  (Read 12300 times)

The President

• View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »
If you want your day to get even better just have a read of this, quality stuff!!

http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1314461005/

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »
Really well done lads.

Bring on the Halifax.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »
A few pics. More to follow.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
Much improved, we matched them and seemed to want to go toe to toe in the periods where it wasn't working.  Playing Ward with White seemed to work and Parker didn't get too exposed down the right.

Just as I didn't get carried away with the defeats, I'll not get carried away with the win although we did show signs of much improvement.

Special mention for Danny Sleath.  Not only did he look good today, he seemed to improve Hall's game too.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »
A great performance and deserved win for us today. Alan White was solid as a rock at the back and must have helped the confidence of Tom Ward who stepped up to the plate with no problems. Sleath was full of running as was Newsh who finished an awkward chance with a classy touch from a Holsgrove's cross after ten minutes. Liam Parker shifted across to right back and demonstrated his versatility with a solid performance. Our two wingers kept stretching their defence and Semps and Holsgrove could have had a goal a piece before half time. We did seem to tire near the end but dug in despite  Harrogate having one or two chances but Jason's thumping header put the result beyond doubt.
Great support for the Pilgrims and a performance that has left me well pleased I went. Let's get behind the team on Monday and keep the momentum going !
Harrogate have some quality players for this level  : Laurie Wilson  , Paul Brayson (Blyth Top Scorer last season), Peter Bore , Richard Pell and Ian Ross and we made them second best today. Well done lads!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »

Special mention for Danny Sleath.  Not only did he look good today, he seemed to I'm

prove Hall's game too.
[/quote]
Maybe it was him who made Churchy look good?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »
Defence was much more solid with White back but we have got to hope that Suarez stays fit as Stones a very poor substitute, or that we get another forward signed.

Sleathy also had a good game and showed little effect from his trip to China.

Well done lads and roll on Monday.

Echo your sentiment about Suarez, we do need another forward with quality, Stones MIGHT benefit from coming on for the last 15 or 20 in games but starting with him is not helping him.

Excellent response from the whole team today though, by that I include the management who I am very critical of, but who I will praise when they get things right.

Hopefully Monday will see a continuation of today's form and a return to winning ways at York St.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 08:26:40 PM »
well done lads lets hope we can push on  ;D ;D

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
great performance today by all the United team, well done ,we can build on todays result Up The Pilgrims

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 08:36:52 PM »
More pics, more to follow.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 08:37:10 PM »
Defence was much more solid with White back but we have got to hope that Suarez stays fit as Stones a very poor substitute, or that we get another forward signed.

Sleathy also had a good game and showed little effect from his trip to China.

Well done lads and roll on Monday.

Echo your sentiment about Suarez, we do need another forward with quality, Stones MIGHT benefit from coming on for the last 15 or 20 in games but starting with him is not helping him.

Excellent response from the whole team today though, by that I include the management who I am very critical of, but who I will praise when they get things right.

Hopefully Monday will see a continuation of today's form and a return to winning ways at York St.

Crikey, I'm sure the management will be pleased to receive your praise!  ;)
You're such a supporter!
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Bob Lee

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »
Well done lads,great three points and a clean sheet.Let's get to York Street in numbers on Monday and gat behind the players.

well said that man ;)   buy you a pint in the club before the match.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »

Maybe it was him who made Churchy look good?

You could ask Rob Scott, but I think he might bite your head off!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
A great perfomance from everyone and I mean everyone including the fans.
Every player gave his all today, Whitey looked as fit and as commanding as he has ever done, helping young Tom to his best ever performance. Both full backs worked hard and got forward well. Midfield with the return of Sleathy tackled well and distributed the ball very well out to our two excellent wingers. Newsh was back to his best with a great finish for the fist goal and good hold up work. Now a special word for Mickey Stones who although not my favouite player put in a great shift and caused their central defenders all sorts of trouble, He well deserved the great round of applause he was given by all the fans when he was substituted. As for super sub Jason what a header into the far corner the defender who tried to jump with him was not sent off by the way he was sent straight to hospital to be stitched up while the Pilgrim fans were singing something about the gaffer having the sharpest elbows in the league.
Cracking result lets get there on monday and get behind the lads right from the kick off.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 09:05:58 PM »

I thought at the time that there was a lot of holding going on, but that picture shows they took the piss. Stones ran them ragged this afternoon,  you can tell when a big forward is troubling a team cos they start to react and argue.  He had them worried from the off and showed some deft little touches for what is in essence, a carthorse.

I feel he'll spllt opinions all season, much as with Danny D last year, Broughton, Jason Lee in his first spell, Graeme Jones.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:08:19 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »