Author Topic: Alan White is back  (Read 13521 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alan White is back
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 05:30:04 PM »
Batmac welcome back from your appearance at the Edinburgh Festival .

Any ideas how will make way for White anyone.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »
Actually my first reaction was good player and as for the Blyth match lets not forget they totally bossed the first 35 mins until a very good strike and two quick goals,  after which they then again played well but had to look for a way back.  As usual give the guy a chance.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
come on ffs, are we suppporters or not, least give the guy a chance, we have no idea what he his going to be like,

my misses has aged a bit but she aint no worse

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:32 PM »

Perfect analogy to deploy when discussing footballers!

Anyway....  despite the concerns many will have of seeing Austin (who, to be honest, looked pretty solid at Workington) alongside White, I think it's obvious White, all things considered, brings more to the team than Joachim did. Plus, as pointed out elsewhere, he's a threat from set-pieces. As a straightforward upgrade, this looks sensible to me.

jskayman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »
i love this club as much as everyone else and travel 300 miles to see them on a regular basis and im always willing to give sombody a go before judgement so i wont say much except i saw him last season and belive hes only a one half game guy however defence is the weakest area in the team, im not overly happy about bringing in the team we had in ccl2 years back if so bring in elle mark greaves danny t brad mayled david noble even evans rent boy rusk and all the other players who were great then and now past it.
JL has conections at nottingham why not use them to loan a few reservests who want a bit of first team football not his mates from when he was here.
still only time can tell and we will see what happens and belive they are the right guys for the job!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 05:49:01 PM »
If Austin and White are paired at Harrogate it could be a nine goal match again  ,  with the goals more evenly devided.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »
Rated him as a player when he was here last, hope he's still good enough. Another one towards the end of his career though and paired with Austin a very old centre back partnership.

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
elle mark greaves danny t brad mayled david noble even evans rent boy rusk and all the other players who were great then and now past it.

Not sure David Noble or to some extent Danny Thomas could be described as past it. Both playing at a higher level since they moved on. Age is just a number, David Weir is still playing for Rangers despite being the wrong side of 40.

As has been previously stated, on paper, it looks like a more promising acquistion than Joachim. Its not just about what White can offer as an individual, its about what he can offer the team, how he can help those more inexperienced players around him to improve the teams performance.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »
If Alan White brings some organisation at the back that would be a start .....

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »

Perfect analogy to deploy when discussing footballers!

oh football discusion ,my mistake reading the topic i thought it was about age

Bartmac

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
Wached David Noble play for Exeter the other night, he still looks a good player.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
Probably my favourite Pilgrim during our League stint, a good solid character who was absolute class and who I'm told stood for no shit from McFraud hence his exit from the club after a well deserved Player of the Year accolade......

Last season he and the rest of the Blyth back 4 were undressed, spanked 5 times and sent back north in a brutal mauling.......he's 35 ffs, Austin is 38, Bazza is the same (ish)......what next? Cookie getting the No 9 shirt? Jim Kabia called up for a run?

Nothing surprises me with these two, they have no contacts, its all about giving a few mates a game, this just confirms what I've been saying all summer.

Good luck Whitey, you'll always be a legend to me but please let my last memories of you be the commanding presence in League 2, not another has been in these two clowns shambolic attempt at Football Club management.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »
Wached David Noble play for Exeter the other night, he still looks a good player.

Thats because he is a good player!

I wonder how much the club actually got for him?

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
Probably my favourite Pilgrim during our League stint, a good solid character who was absolute class and who I'm told stood for no shit from McFraud hence his exit from the club after a well deserved Player of the Year accolade......

Last season he and the rest of the Blyth back 4 were undressed, spanked 5 times and sent back north in a brutal mauling.......he's 35 ffs, Austin is 38, Bazza is the same (ish)......what next? Cookie getting the No 9 shirt? Jim Kabia called up for a run?

Nothing surprises me with these two, they have no contacts, its all about giving a few mates a game, this just confirms what I've been saying all summer.

Good luck Whitey, you'll always be a legend to me but please let my last memories of you be the commanding presence in League 2, not another has been in these two clowns shambolic attempt at Football Club management.

You must have big shoulders for all those chips!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:52 PM »

Like you I remember White being a very good defender and I hope he does not end that memory of him. 

However from what I recall it was two very good strikes that undid the Blyth back four not some ubber pass and movement. Wthout the first of which Blyth were on top in that game for 35 minutes and the team were struggling to break them down, if anything they'd had the better chances.

Revise what history you like but Semple's strike changed that game and it was a midfielder who didn't close him down that gave him the chance after a blocked shot.