Author Topic: Disgusted of Woodhall  (Read 7344 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Disgusted of Woodhall
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »
Before people start slagging me off, I am a 100% United supporter who has a season ticket and will always support the team, but the performances so far have been terrible.

It is clear to me already that this management team and the side they have cobbled together is not good enough.

I have total respect for David Newton and how he has saved our wonderful club, but he has made the wrong choice of managers who have taken the very easy option to bring back old players. The list is endless -- Bastock, Parker, Millson, Joachim, Suarez, Dudfield, now even Jason Lee is playing as well and these are supported by many reserve team players. 

Holdsgrove and Milnes would be good signings in a better team, but they both fell into the managers laps without much research.

Where are all the contacts to get other players? I dont think they have any. This season is fast looking like a disaster to me. I know players are injured, but they were last year as well. I know we have only played four games, but this is a shambles.

Act now before it is too late. Crowds will quickly drop, putting more pressure on the club.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Disgusted of Woodhall
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:38:27 PM »
Well said DT! Fancy a pint at the weekend at the local in Woodhall?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
If I could afford to live at Woodhall I would buy the club .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:43:24 PM »
Holdsgrove won't stay here to play with this lot! I can see him picking up a few injuries before Xmas!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:51:07 PM »
Holdsgrove won't stay here to play with this lot! I can see him picking up a few injuries before Xmas!

Isn't he under contract??

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:53:33 PM »
? Is the fitness coach on a contract?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »
We've got fans in Woodhall? :o

Quick Dave, get him on the board, he'll have the cash to save us!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
With the Budget being cut, it's not going to be easy. Especially trying to attract part time players to a remote part of Lincolnshire. ....

Woodhall, it's not all about the signings, it's also about bonding and team spirit. Give it a few more weeks and it'll be there. So impatient !!!

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
well said dt woodhall, i agree with you.

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »
were you at the game last night d.o.w?

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »
Last night was very poor. So many players just not good enough, I cant think of one player who played last night bar maybe Semple who would have got in the team last season. The players in the squad now are simply not good enough to finish in the top half let alone the play-offs.

Beck Row

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
Spirits one thing but you gotta have the ability in the first place.... we aint I'm afraid

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 07:05:40 AM »
I have total respect for David Newton and how he has saved our wonderful club, but he has made the wrong choice of managers who have taken the very easy option to bring back old players. The list is endless -- Bastock, Parker, Millson, Joachim, Suarez, Dudfield, now even Jason Lee is playing as well and these are supported by many reserve team players. 

Holdsgrove and Milnes would be good signings in a better team, but they both fell into the managers laps without much research.

Where are all the contacts to get other players? I dont think they have any.

This seems to criticise the lack of contacts held by Lee and Canoville for signing new players, but were the contacts held by Scott and Hurst any better?

• Shaun Pearson was recommended to Scott and Hurst by Steve Welsh. This is no different to Lee and Canoville acting on the recommendation of Chris Powell in signing Ben Milnes.

• Anthony Church and Danny Sleath followed them from Ilkeston Town, where both had been signed by the previous manager.

• Newsham and Yates were both former team-mates from Rotherham.

• Chris Wood had been on loan at Ilkeston.

• Ryan Semple was on a coaching course alongside Paul Hurst, and so arguably fell into the managers' laps himself. In my book this is no different to Holdsgrove sending the club his CV.

Not necessarily disagreeing with the points made, but most managers in non-leaque football base the nucleus of their signings on players they have worked with previously. They then supplement those players with an element of luck and an element of personal recommendations. Have Lee and Canoville done anything any differently?

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 10:13:35 AM »
Was thinking the same thing myself Leicester Pilgrim but have been trying to find the words. You have put my own thoughts down eloquently. We also need to look at the bigger picture and long term future of the club so let's get behind the lads, as my son says " onwards and upwards"  ;)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
Leicester Pilgrim

I have no problem with most of what you say. I think Holsgrove and Milnes are both very good additions to the squad, but what really annoys me is the lazy approach taken to bring back to the club four or five old players who did not perform that well when they were here originally and as a result were allowed to leave or not offered new contracts.

The result of bringing them back means that as finance is very tight, it does not allow new players with a point to prove to come in to the squad.

I am hoping that Danny Sleath will greartly improve our midfield, but we are stuck with old players on contracts which makes it impossible to bring in anybody else apart from cobbled together loan deals.