Author Topic: Dudfield - staying or not?  (Read 4304 times)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Dudfield - staying or not?
« on: August 23, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
Does anyone know if he will be in the squad tonight? 
Match preview on the O/S conspicuously doesn't mention him one way or the other, which suggests that it's not been decided.  Maybe Jason is still trying to persuade him?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dudfield - staying or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
Reading Lincs Echo you have got it right yet again. BP

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 04:42:27 PM »
Very good player but----

Same as weir daley -- if he does not want to play look elsewhere.

O I forgot our  managers are incapable of scouting anybody other than those that fall directly into their laps. This must improve, if it does not we need different managers

It is obvious we need 2 or 3 new players, I just cannot believe we have JJ on contract.

Other clubs seem to find decent players because they have good contacts.
Why dont we???????

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
Don't other managers do exactly the same as ours are doing - make use of the people they know?

It's a hell of a lot easier if you're a manager in the Manchester area because you've got access to a huge pool of players and will know a lot of them if you've been in the game for a few years.

I'm sure Jason Lee knows a lot of footballers, but how many live within commuting distance of Boston, or would be willing to play for what we can afford to pay them?  I'm not saying someone else could do better - it's a fact that Boston is disadvantaged geographically and the club is disadvantaged financially at the moment.

If we need to dip into the loan market, the quality of player we are able to get there will give us a better idea of the sort of contacts our managers have.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »
Duds has been doing us a big favour by playing for us-he has other commitments as keeps being stated- not the same as SWD at all.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »
Duds has been doing us a big favour by playing for us-he has other commitments as keeps being stated- not the same as SWD at all.

Absolutely!

If Dudfield was not playing for Boston he would not be looking for another club. He is playing because we need him and he is willimg to help, he in no way needs us.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 06:30:35 PM »
He said he will not play for any other club, and helps us out in an emergency. I'd love to see him play up front with Big Jase on Saturday...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
The fact that someone is calling for JL up front on Sat show our desperation .

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »
He said he will not play for any other club, and helps us out in an emergency. I'd love to see him play up front with Big Jase on Saturday...

Really? That sounds like the slowest, oldest, shittest forward line in the world to me.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »

Really? That sounds like the slowest, oldest, shittest forward line in the world to me.
Nah......that would be Jason & JJ ::)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »

Big Jase looked very sprightly last night...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/