Author Topic: Dudfield is back  (Read 16518 times)

Bob Lee

Re: Dudfield is back
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »
Not overly disappointed tonight.Respoded well after conceeding the early goal.Played some decent stuff and with a bit of luck could have gone in 2 or3-1 up at h/t.Second falf we had plenty of possession but didn't work their keeper enough.Could have done without yet another injury.Still it's 4 points from 6 and we would all have accepted that from the first two games.

well said that man ;)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
Well done lads. Was quite impressed with some performances and not so sure about others. I'll give those in the latter category a few more games before making my mind up.

Dudfield was awesome.

Please please please sign for the season, we need you.

Bartmac

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »

Please please please sign for the season, we need you.

He does have another commitment at Forest (where he is Jasons' boss) and I would guess that that would come first.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »
It was the first time I've seen them this season, and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought all the new players did well; we were trying to play more constructive football and ususally succeeding (I can cope with things going wrong when it is obvious that a constructive ball is being attempted). I also felt that the midfield was more mobile and more connected with the rest of the team than it was last season. In short, the team seemed more of a  cohesive unit. I enjoyed Millsom getting up and down the pitch and supporting the forwards. Yes, we may need to look at the defence a bit, but it is encouraging.

Bartmac

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 09:17:54 AM »
Also thought Holsgrove was outstanding, battled for every ball, hope he's here for the duration.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »
When he's fit, would it not be better to pay Canners at center back with Fairclough at right back i like fairclough. Also im sure il get shit for it but i thought Bazza was shocking. :o

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
No your right Big M Bazzas kicking was awful and he ran out of his box a couple of times when he didn't need to and could have got himself in alot of trouble, hopefully it was a one off.

jskayman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »
i agree i was only thinking last night we miss a big solid centerback whos not afraid to show the young nippy stikers whos boss like ellender used to.
other than that i think the team looked great, was a bit unhappy with the long ball but the were accurate and switching the side of play was very good,
bazza, i do belive may have had his time, a guy next to me said if it was anybody else we would have been booing him and calling for a replacement.

dudders was great and the team looked fit and strong (remember they have had a working day before a game)
other than that looking forward to a good season, just wish some people would lay off jj and stones they are here to come off the bench and grab a goal if they both can get a 5-6 each as a sub then thats good for me.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 02:01:11 PM »
Let's hope he's kept himself fit!

Well I need not have worried on that score. I thought he had a very good game.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
agree bout bazza. hope its just a ealy season thing

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
I confess I was a bit worried about Bazza at the end of last season. He doesn't seem to dominate his area, and then as last night suddenly rushes out (didn't he give away a penalty last season like that?).

jimmystars

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
Also agree about Bazza - has been a legend for the club but would have prefered Haystead to have stayed but apart from that happy with team and happy with living within our means - Dudfield was very good and deserved his ovation.