Author Topic: Local Businesses  (Read 5444 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Local Businesses
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »
What a shame we could not find the money for Spencer Weir-Daley to return,i think that would have given us more competition up front,surely some local business could have contributed towards the funding in some way. This could come back to haunt us if we get a injury to either of the two main strikers.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Local Businesses
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:56:40 PM »
We still have the money from Pearson, Church and compensation from H&S to come, so really the money should be there if we need it.

Although the Chestnuts know what need to be done with the club finances so it might well be kept for a rainy day, or towards a new stadium or something

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 01:05:26 AM »
What a shame we could not find the money for Spencer Weir-Daley to return,i think that would have given us more competition up front,surely some local business could have contributed towards the funding in some way. This could come back to haunt us if we get a injury to either of the two main strikers.

who? stop living in the past he didn't exactly rip up trees. we will find someone better, i'd prefer the club to live within their budget

The Purple Shirt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 08:18:06 AM »
SWD had plenty of time to sign the contract offered, his desired clearly isnt that high to play for us - im guessing for him it was a "it will do it nothing else turns up".

We need players wanting to play for us not picking up a pay cheque (weve been there and done that and look where it got us)

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
Don't make me laugh!!!!

About 100 local businesses were mailed, including the superb brochures which have been produced which show all aspects of what the club does for the town and the youngsters.

Guess how many replies?

ONE

And that was to say NO.  I realise we are in hard times  but surely some could have seen the good the club does for the community.  It is not all about match days.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 11:24:15 AM »
As much as I liked Spencer, he's been caught out big time, thinking he'll get a better offer elsewhere. Not like a football player to have a big ego though is it  ::)  Look where he's got himself now, clubless. A real pity but entirely his own decision and one he has to live with.

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 12:04:31 PM »
It's all very well complaining about the lack of support from local businesses, but how much support do the fans give the businesses which do support or sponsor the club?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
It's all very well complaining about the lack of support from local businesses, but how much support do the fans give the businesses which do support or sponsor the club?

You'll be telling me farmers are hard up next  :P

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »

Just watch if (when) we have a good run in the FA Cup! They'll all be coming out the woodwork to jump on the bandwagon, probably led by the councillors

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »

Just watch if (when) we have a good run in the FA Cup! They'll all be coming out the woodwork to jump on the bandwagon, probably led by the councillors

Good to know the current businesses are appreciated then.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 02:08:35 PM »
Three nil do you have your printing done at Chris Cook print and your labels printed at stickylabels .co.uk I wonder?

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
Or do I buy my car from Cropleys?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
Or buy, er, containers from T&B

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
Houses from Chestnuts, holidays at Fantasy Island, sweets at Jakemans etc.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »
Houses from Chestnuts, holidays at Fantasy Island, sweets at Jakemans etc.

1st One...  Not got the Cash.
2nd as living on there door step and there prices is a no.
3rd.. Big yes i like there sweets