Author Topic: Time for a little light relief  (Read 2167 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Time for a little light relief
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »
Louth Town FC chasing a Football League place by 2017

This is Grimsby

LOUTH Town FC is targeting a place in the Football League by 2017 – according to its new club development consultant Bernard Bale.

A former Fleet Street journalist and BBC broadcaster, Bale has been appointed to take the Northern Counties East League club forward in its ultra-ambitious plans.

​new era: New club development consultant Bernard Bale is welcomed to Park Avenue by first team manager Paul Walden. Submitted picture

new era: New club development consultant Bernard Bale is welcomed to Park Avenue by first team manager Paul Walden. Submitted picture

Bale, who has been associated locally with the Jungle Zoo at Cleethorpes, has helped a host of football clubs in the past including Aberdeen, Hull City, Livingston, West Ham United, Real Mallorca, Everton and even Manchester United.

And in the 1980s he also held the commercial fort at Grimsby Town for a short period.

Bale commented: "I have joined forces with Louth because the club is going places, and has great spirit both on and off the pitch.

"I was impressed with the style of play when I saw the team in action and, laugh if you will, but there is a date in the club diary of August 2017. "That is the date for Louth Town's debut in the Football League. Between now and then it is hoped the club will have a new stadium which will serve the community in various ways as well as the club itself.

"There is already a healthy fan base attending matches and a growing following of distant fans all over the world.

"I'm not sure if the people of Louth fully realise what is happening, but there is a fantastic adventure growing on their doorstep.

"Louth Town has already performed miracles in coming so far so quickly, a tribute to the committee and the football manager, Paul Walden. This football club is going to make people proud to say they are from Louth."

Town began life in 2007 and were promoted from the Central Midlands League Supreme Division last season. To achieve Bale's remarkable target the White Wolves will have to gain a staggering six more promotions in the next seven seasons.

One of English football's chief success stories of recent years, AFC Wimbledon have managed four promotions in eight years, and still remain one step short of Football League status.

Bale has also set out plans for a club shop in the centre of Louth and is currently researching an opportunity for the club's own radio station. However, Bale stresses that the focal point is the football.

"That is the most exciting part of the whole thing," he added. "Louth Town has one of the most talented coaches outside the Football League and has brought together a squad which plays quality football."

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a little light relief
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
I presume this was written last year as they're still in the Northern Counties East after finishing sixth last season (and AFC Wimbledon are now in the Football League!).

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:00:20 PM »

Bale commented: "I have joined forces with Louth because the club is going places,

Bale is spot on here, the club is going to places like Appleby Froddingham, Pontefract Collieries and Hemsworth Miners Welfare.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »
I presume this was written last year as they're still in the Northern Counties East after finishing sixth last season (and AFC Wimbledon are now in the Football League!).
Hope you have pasted and copied this Ken.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 01:38:29 PM »
Does this mean Big Ron is not acting as a consultant for Louth any more?

This article from February does not mention Louth - maybe it's one of the "number of projects" he has in the pipeline!
www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/write-man-right-place/story-11186645-detail/story.html

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
No mention of him on the LTFC website. this is a snippett from the article above At the age of 13 Bernard went to a wrestling match, which left a big impression on him. Maybe Big Daddy fell out the ring ;D

IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR