Author Topic: tonight's game  (Read 12582 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: tonight's game
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »
SWD supposed to be meeting JL and LC today... Will he play Saturday?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »
Would feel a lot more confident with SWD back. Don't think any of our current crop are 20-goals-a-season men playing as a lone striker....

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
Would be great news if it comes off. Spence in his own words 'loved the club and the fans' he just wanted to try and get a FT club similar to Church and Pearson. If he stays injury free he could score 20. No disrespect to H and S as they did a good job but the Canners and Lee style is less hoofball and styled around a target man. He didn't exactly score for fun at the end of last season but wasn't 100% fit. Goal scorers with abit of quality are like rocking horse shit on our budget.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 08:21:49 PM »
If my information is correct, SWD has signed for QPR.

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 09:36:18 PM »
QPR?
Are you joking?

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »

DJ Campbell has signed for QPR, i'm guessing that this is a joke that they apparently look similar?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »
lets wait and see :-X

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:15 PM »
I'd be delighted if Spencer Weir-Daley re-signed for us. I feel that the 'we want players who want to play for Boston United' line is one that fans usually wheel out to soften the blow of a good player leaving. For instance, I'd snap your hand off if we had the chance to re-sign Jamie Yates tomorrow.

He's a proven goalscorer and I think most people are still of the opinion that we're lacking one of those at the moment.

Like most I usually disapprove of the re-signing of players but the more of last season's side we can keep together the better, and a strikeforce of Weir-Daley, Newsham and Suarez would make things look a lot brighter than after the poor early pre-season results. He does seem to have struggled to find full-time football and below that there's not much better than York Street. The grass isn't always greener on the other side!

I would snap ur hand off if u re-singned yates not as good as holsgrove.  1 tackle and his game was finished. Wouldnt mind SWD back though

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 01:00:37 PM »
And still Brain Little is banging on about hard luck stories in todays Echo: "I don't want to harp on about hard-luck stories, but we could have been out of sight at half-time with the chances we had.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »
They had most of the chances but they couldn't get the ball in the net.

In the first half they looked a very good side but obviously Little's half time talk did damn all and we came out looking better organised and much, much fitter as the match went on.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 02:24:34 PM »

DJ Campbell has signed for QPR, i'm guessing that this is a joke that they apparently look similar?

Unless it is SWP that is to sign for QPR!!!!! (Shaun Wright-Phillips for those still asleep).

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 09:54:03 AM »
Great result against a decent squad of players last night, though whilst Brian Little is managing them I think we have little to fear. Last two games at the Northholme we have won 3-0 and 2-1 and both times Little has bemoaned his "luck" . If football was about talking he'd have Trinity in the premier league, unfortunately for him it's about sticking the ball in the net ! and conceding less than your opponents
Here's his  match anlysis from today's Lincs Echo:

Trinity boss Brian Little felt his side were desperately unlucky to lose.

"In the first half we were excellent. If we had come in three or four goals up, I don't think anybody could have complained," said Little.

"Overall, they pretty much had two efforts on goals and scored twice. We hit the bar, hit the post and had chances cleared off the line. I thought we were excellent for 60 or 70 minutes.

"On another day we might have won the game comfortably."

I think the Echo keep that summary on file to save them time. ;)

I see the Echo have copied and pasted their standard Brian Little quotes during the 1-0 home defeat to Worksop on Saturday. Another defeat, that in his mind was a win:

"I would say that in terms of chances created, we probably could have won the game," Little said.

"It was a definite penalty, I would have no complaints about that. The fellow (Jackson) was put through and it was a clumsy challenge from Luke (Waterfall).

"But we had chances to score. On another day Lewis McMahon would probably have scored two."

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/9559034.stm

Not sure I agree with the comment in the last paragraph, could come back to haunt us.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 12:47:52 PM »
From the outside looking in, it seems insane to have Joachim and Stones taking up budget that could have been used on Weird-Daley or another striker proven at this level.

Joachim is clearly past it, Stones totally unproven, Newsham is too small to play the lone frontman in a 4-5-1 and I'd say there are still huge question marks over Suarez.

Time will tell I suppose.  :dan

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
While I agree I'd sooner have SWD and Stones rather than JJ I think the way he stalled over the deal, meaning we had to look elsewhere, forced the hand.

I'm forcing myself to be positive though as its a long drive (even from Leeds!) for Saturdays game!!!