Author Topic: tonight's game  (Read 12603 times)

Bob Lee

tonight's game
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:32:13 PM »
Anyone have any updates?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: tonight's game
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »
1=1 at half time
follow it on Craigs Twitter page
http://twitter.com/#!/craigsingleton

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:24:45 PM »
2-1 Pilgrims. 10 to go.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
RESULT!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 09:42:36 PM »
Ok pre season and all that but a great result.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 12:57:40 AM »
Well done United against the big spenders.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 06:28:09 AM »

Here's my take on last night's game ...

Gainsborough had more of the possession than Boston and were the best side in the first half, but most of their efforts were from long range. Bastock made some good saves and we defended well, and the frame of the goal helped us out on a couple of occasions. Yates played well and was unlucky from long range.

Holsgrove's equaliser was a bit against the run of play, but was well taken from the edge of the area.

Very poor defending from Rory Coleman contributed to Boston's winner. He was trying to shepherd the ball out of play for a goal kick but there wasn't anywhere near enough pace on it and he ought to have conceded a throw in. Semple made up a good seven or eight yards on him, robbed him on the touchline, turned him inside out and then delivered a pinpoint cross right onto Suarez's head on the edge of the six yard box. Very similar goal to the one Suarez scored at Hucknall last season.

Shame to see Shane Clarke stretchered off in the final few minutes. One of the stewards who carried him from the pitch walked past me a few minutes later, and said that they'd put him in a neck brace as he had a suspected broken neck. He'd been taken off in an ambulance. Hope the injury isn't as bad as first feared.

Spencer Weir-Daley was in the crowd. Should we read anything into that? I don't think we've any room or budget for him in our squad, but could he be joining Gainsborough?

Also noted that Paul Goodhand was one of the assistant referees. Not sure if it is the same one, but didn't he used to be a player for Boston Town?

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
Great result against a decent squad of players last night, though whilst Brian Little is managing them I think we have little to fear. Last two games at the Northholme we have won 3-0 and 2-1 and both times Little has bemoaned his "luck" . If football was about talking he'd have Trinity in the premier league, unfortunately for him it's about sticking the ball in the net ! and conceding less than your opponents
Here's his  match anlysis from today's Lincs Echo:

Trinity boss Brian Little felt his side were desperately unlucky to lose.

"In the first half we were excellent. If we had come in three or four goals up, I don't think anybody could have complained," said Little.

"Overall, they pretty much had two efforts on goals and scored twice. We hit the bar, hit the post and had chances cleared off the line. I thought we were excellent for 60 or 70 minutes.

"On another day we might have won the game comfortably."

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 10:48:11 AM »
Great result against a decent squad of players last night, though whilst Brian Little is managing them I think we have little to fear. Last two games at the Northholme we have won 3-0 and 2-1 and both times Little has bemoaned his "luck" . If football was about talking he'd have Trinity in the premier league, unfortunately for him it's about sticking the ball in the net ! and conceding less than your opponents
Here's his  match anlysis from today's Lincs Echo:

Trinity boss Brian Little felt his side were desperately unlucky to lose.

"In the first half we were excellent. If we had come in three or four goals up, I don't think anybody could have complained," said Little.

"Overall, they pretty much had two efforts on goals and scored twice. We hit the bar, hit the post and had chances cleared off the line. I thought we were excellent for 60 or 70 minutes.

"On another day we might have won the game comfortably."

I think the Echo keep that summary on file to save them time. ;)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »
Here's Craig interviewing Jason Lee postmatch.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »
Here's Craig interviewing Jason Lee postmatch.

That's bit of a black interview. ::)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
I thought we were lucky to come out of the first half on level terms. Gboro looked physically stronger than us while we had more technically gifted players with a decent work ethic. Eventually this took it's toll on Trinity's fullbacks. Special mention to both Semple and Holgrove who both worked tirelessly tracking back. I thought Ward did well at the back and even told Canners off in the second half for not getting back in position after venturing forward. Gainboro were limited to wayward or tame long range shots and the ball over the top.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »
Gainsborough were on top for most of the game but never really threatened us, and rarely got behind our defence. In the last 20 minutes we beganm to boss the game after sleathy came on the midfield trio got the ball down and passed it well, especially hall.

I think Parker will start ahead of ward, who did begin a little shaky but grew into the game and looked quite assured and put in some strong challenges.

The positive thing is we shut them out, we can have our backs to the wall at times but still win :)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »
Any news on Shane Clarke?  Everyone will have their own views about him leaving the way he did, but I certainly wouldn't want to see him badly injured - hope he is fit and playing again soon.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »
been confirmed on the gain$borough forum that he is ok, just a bit bruised