Author Topic: For you old uns O/T  (Read 2791 times)

Bob Lee

For you old uns O/T
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:56:25 PM »
Way back in Jan 1972 when I was about 5 ;) I had a date with the now missus, and I took her to see T Rex at the glider.  Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukpoN3uRkU&feature=related

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: For you old uns O/T
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »
Jan 15th. Same day as United played Portsmouth at home in the FA Cup - lost 1-0.

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »
Yep, and we were all over them.  I remember some Pompy skinhead swinging an axe in the car park, do not know what happened next I was too busy running. ;D

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
less of the old un's Bob!
i was there - it was my first visit to the Glider. stood on a table on the balcony - good times.
Get it bought Dave!
Get it re opened for people who are alive, not waiting for God :)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »
Yep I was there, had a double date that night one lass from Billlinghay in the Starlight room and a lass from Coningsby in the bar kept them both going till about half past ten then got caught out ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
We 've  talked about this before . . I think Ken bought  it up a few years back .
  I  'stole'  someones  girl for the evening . . maybe it was you  ?
  With so many in there ( and I think they came from far and wide ) you couldn't help being 'close' .
   Thought those 'annual ' winter Sats of big Cup game at the ground followed by big gig at Glyder would go on for ever .. but no .

orangecoat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »
Way back in Jan 1972 when I was about 5 ;) I had a date with the now missus, and I took her to see T Rex at the glider.  Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukpoN3uRkU&feature=related

I was there, I was 16yrs old and travelled from Lincoln on an organised coach trip and I've never forgotten it.

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:49:39 PM »
Both my mum and dad were at that gig, although they we not destined to meet and marry for another 3 years. My Dad was stationed at Coningsby.