Author Topic: Bye Bye York Street  (Read 17762 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Bye Bye York Street
« on: August 17, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
BOSTON UNITED are set to vacate the Jakemans Stadium, their home for over a century.

The UniBond Premier outfit admit the stadium does not meet the standards demanded by modern day supporters and are in discussions with the present ground owners, Burghley House Preservation Trust, over development proposals and relocation to a site off the Ryall Road area of town.

It is envisaged that redevelopment of the present ground on York Street for housing would generate funding for the club’s planned move.

A public meeting to discuss the project is set to be held at Trinity Methodist Church, Stamford, on Friday

Mark Flood, the planning consultant for both Boston United and the trust, said: “The Club and the Trust have been working closely for some time to put together this relocation package, but there is only so far we wish to go before consulting with the local community.

“We hope that as many people as possible will call in to learn more about the work we have done so far, and to discuss the proposals. We want this feedback before considering the proposals further and then ultimately submitting planning applications.”

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
Re: Bye Bye York Street
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
The UniBond Premier outfit admit the stadium does not meet the standards demanded by modern day supporters and are in discussions with the present ground owners, Burghley House Preservation Trust, over development proposals and relocation to a site off the Ryall Road area of town.

First, surely York St is one of the best grounds in non-league let alone the Unidump?!
Second, where the hell is Ryall Road?

EDIT: Just found this link on the Unidump site about Stamford relocating: http://www.unibondleague.com/news/details.php?news_id=150
So we aren't going anywhere then.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:37:23 AM by Pride of Bostonshire »

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
Ryhall Road is in Stamford.The quotes from DL come from the Stamford forum,are about Stamford,and have NOTHING to do with Boston United.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:40:19 AM »
...GOOD

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »
It's also on the Unibond site news stories as well.

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
It is just a matter of time.
Touched by his noodly appendage.

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
Only a matter of time is right. The owners of the ground want United away so they can sell it for development. The lease expires in about 9yrs so a new ground will have to be built unless some rich bugger turns up to buy the land and keep it for football. If there are any diehard sentimentallists out there who don't want to see football played anywhere other than York St. then you have three options. Win the lottery and buy the ground, buy one of the houses that may be built there and watch it in the comfort of your own home on match of the day or get a job in the tv department of the superstore that may be built there. Sad I know but true I think.
Anyway, let Stamford do it first so that we can then outdo them with grandeur.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 04:43:39 PM »
 mm Always worth thinking what proportion of weekly  ' take '  is going on ground rent and costs...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
Dis-proportionly high against income. Allegedly

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »
Did someone wake the chicken?

I'm confused, is this news, we knew it only had 9 years left in it, has something changed?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 05:33:15 PM »
No but i guess with no off field worries, a cracking squad, two ambitious and talented managers, new kit, great Community scheme, an impressive away win its just a bit worrying that we've nothing to worry about (i hope)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 05:36:20 PM »
well   the O /S  has gone down again..!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 07:52:26 PM »
Endorse all that Seenbetter says apart from the "sad" comment. Having following BUFC for 60 years it will be wonderful to have at last a brand new stadium free of high cost maintainace and free from the shackles of a landlord. With time running out on the lease a move is getting evermore urgent.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 08:21:41 PM »
 WELL ..lets make up a ' new '  ground
    I ll start by taking 3 sides of York st as they are ..but instead of the Stantons stand or whatever its called now substitute the old Gigg Lane stand we were in on Sat ..
       It gives a cracking noise and there's plenty or room for pies and chips at the back ..!

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »
..W.A.L.O.Bs