Author Topic: Bye Bye York Street  (Read 17790 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye York Street
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »
Tell you summit i do know were some prime land as come up for sale right on the ege of town, bout 10 to 15 min walk and 5 min by car,All the land infront of the bowling alley all 200 acres of it, currently owned by richard hardy

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 11:04:02 PM »
No matter what prime land you find, the council will find an excuse to refuse planning permission.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »
..W.A.L.O.Bs

What ? like little Kangaroos? Where?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 10:12:34 AM »
Tell you summit i do know were some prime land as come up for sale right on the ege of town, bout 10 to 15 min walk and 5 min by car,All the land infront of the bowling alley all 200 acres of it, currently owned by richard hardy
No matter what prime land you find, the council will find an excuse to refuse planning permission.

This you are correct

Bartmac

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »
WELL ..lets make up a ' new '  ground
    I ll start by taking 3 sides of York st as they are ..but instead of the Stantons stand or whatever its called now substitute the old Gigg Lane stand we were in on Sat ..
       It gives a cracking noise and there's plenty or room for pies and chips at the back ..!

The "cracking noise" was from the strain on the seats after eating all the pies and chips! ;D

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »
They Did n't do chips ..not where I was anyway .. there  were good chips at Prescott Cables..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »
To be honest Fairfax the planners had no alterative but to turn Lavaflow down. It was apparent to non plannig experts that J R AND JS had not got a clue , nor a business plan (i.e. no idea how to finance the project). I am certain when Chestnuts present ideas for a new stadium they will get the full council backing.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »
They Did n't do chips ..not where I was anyway .. there  were good chips at Prescott Cables..

the chips my mate got from their were horriable looked like they had been the oven around 2 mins they were rock hard  :D

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 04:48:56 PM »
To be honest Fairfax the planners had no alterative but to turn Lavaflow down. It was apparent to non plannig experts that J R AND JS had not got a clue , nor a business plan (i.e. no idea how to finance the project). I am certain when Chestnuts present ideas for a new stadium they will get the full council backing.
i tell ya what green hat you couldnt have put that any better,and i agree that when the time comes,which it surely will, the chestnuts will be operating totally in there field of expertise and it will be done right
"till saturday comes"

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »
I was not just thinking about Larvaflow or even football. Boston Borough Council have a long history of turning away anything that might affect the labour force on the land. Just check with Boston Deep Sea Fisheries of Fleetwood or May and Baker (later Roche) Pharmeceuticals.

Seenbetter

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »
Don't forget belly dancers, pole dancers and lap dancers. While there at it, the planners not the dancers, they could leave one side of the ground completely open and grassed so that families could bring their picnic table, chairs, butties and make a proper family outing of it like they do at open air concerts.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:16 AM »
I was not just thinking about Larvaflow or even football. Boston Borough Council have a long history of turning away anything that might affect the labour force on the land. Just check with Boston Deep Sea Fisheries of Fleetwood or May and Baker (later Roche) Pharmeceuticals.
So long as the present lot aren't in power when (if) new plans are presented! The rate they're going there won't be anything left in Boston

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
Fairfax. You are going back a bit. My Great Grand Pops was Captain of the Boston Deep Sea Fishing Co. in 1905.I remember it well.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
Boston Borough in conjunction with the County Council have limited the development of new industry in the area very well - its called the A16, A52 and A17.  >:(

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 11:44:55 AM »

Hey Fairfax,

What's the story behind the Roche thing?