Author Topic: The Trust  (Read 17338 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Trust
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 03:52:15 PM »
Love him or hate him! Us boston fans should be thankful for the help Roo did!!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 06:50:05 PM »
So is it worth a push to get interest in The Trust going again?

My worry is apathy and the smear job by McFraud and his cronies have made it almost beyond salvage.

Pat, you were involved in its infancy, don't you fancy another crack? Don't think I'm pushing here as I can't help for well known reasons but blokes like you and Mick are the kind of people with the savvy to make it work.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I thought to ask as I've got one of those ten year memberships. Were many sold?

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:14 PM »
So is it worth a push to get interest in The Trust going again?              Reasonable question!

My worry is apathy and the smear job by McFraud and his cronies have made it almost beyond salvage.      Not very encouraging!

Pat, you were involved in its infancy, don't you fancy another crack? Don't think I'm pushing here as I can't help for well known reasons but blokes like you and Mick are the kind of people with the savvy to make it work.             Get on with it, you're a good type.  I'll say later I pushed it!!

;)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:03:40 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »
So is it worth a push to get interest in The Trust going again?

My worry is apathy and the smear job by McFraud and his cronies have made it almost beyond salvage.

Pat, you were involved in its infancy, don't you fancy another crack? Don't think I'm pushing here as I can't help for well known reasons but blokes like you and Mick are the kind of people with the savvy to make it work.

I don't think a certain officer of the Trust helped the cause by jumping up and down shouting "smear me , smear me"!  A real shame that such enthusiasm and drive was eventually so misdirected.

I'd be happy to get involved....but there is a slight snag.  I live and work 150 miles away (the new section of road near Peterborough doesn't cut that much off) and like you, my personal priorities have changed. When visiting Lincolnshire, my first priority is a visit to Welbourn near Leadenham, hence the probable Sat morning meetings would be a non-starter.  I'm somewhat fraudulent at being the VP of BUSA at the moment, struggling to make any committee meetings on a weekday evening.

After a chat with Mick T a while ago, I called in and spoke with Supporters Direct to discuss their view on a Trust/BUSA combined body......they weren't in favour and very much preferred a separate legal entity to be the Trust and perform the function of a Trust only.

It does amaze me that a club with our following, struggles to garnish support for such ventures.  BUSA is run by a very small amount of people and I fear any Trust would also suffer from a lack of interest.....most fans see the club as being in a safe pair of hands at the moment, not the turmoil that was prevalent when the initial Trust kicked off.  That said, I think the reincarnation of the Trust can only be a good thing and would be happy to support in whatever way I can.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 04:30:50 PM »
As someone who was one of the agitators in the early days of the trust, and who was still there, more or less, as things ground to a halt (I used to go to regional meetings on behalf of the trust as, living where I do, most of them were fairly close - and I still keep in touch with some of the people from other clubs) I can say, as Pat has, that the main problem was lack of support. You can't keep banging your head against a brick wall trying to keep something going with the same handful of people doing everything all the time. We didn't get that much support when the previous corrupt regime was in place, so the moment our knights in shining armour came along what little we had drained away. Good job though BUSA does, I still believe that a trust ought to be in place. But past experience doesn't encourage me, if I'm honest. And in the wider world it's not all roses. I know that Rams Trust at Derby have problems, even from their much bigger membership, finding people willing to serve on the committee.

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 05:41:48 PM »
In fairness OP the problems with Rams Trust are far more than just apathy , political scheming and a complete mistrust by the organised protest body that eventually got rid of the crooks at Derby are still very remembered . On a few lists i'm member of the mere name RamsTrust is banned because of the deep splits still among the fans

i was a member of the Trust here but let it lapse as thought it had died . If it did restart i'd be happy to help how i could timewise but think at least a couple of the original board need to be active to help and new blood at least initially

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
I am aware of what you say, RamMalc (have probably never said here that my other team has always been DCFC - I think I'm still a member of Rams Trust as they seem to keep on adding years to your membership - so I always had a good chat with their people at regional meetings). But, even more, it still shows the problem of getting and keeping people involved in trusts without factions appearing or apathy setting in (or, in BUFC's case, it seemed as if apathy was there with the majority from the start!).

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »
The £3000 of shares still exist and will be gifted back to the club unless the Trust is re-formed, or if any individual wants to purchase them and pay the money into the club I'm sure it can be worked out.
I too believe we are in the best possible hands with David and Neil but please god they don't walk under a bus one day, as there will probably be nobody there to catch the club.

A helpful reminder regarding any gifting of shares.  When the Trust was formed it is written that any assets accruing to the Trust on dissolution would be given to other similar not for profit sporting organisations - not back to the football club. Moreso when you consider that there is a large creditor on the balance sheet of Boston United called Lavaflow Ltd.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:29:06 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 09:19:34 AM »
Interesting name from the past.....still going, all paperwork submitted to Company House and now based in Scunthorpe with a declared capital of £656?

Can't be @rsed to spend a pound of my capital to find out who is associated with it......

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
Interesting name from the past.....still going, all paperwork submitted to Company House and now based in Scunthorpe with a declared capital of £656?

Can't be @rsed to spend a pound of my capital to find out who is associated with it......

I seem to remember that David Newton bought Lavaflow to become the majority shareholder in Boston United.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7411041.stm

See also:

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04580332
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:00:03 AM by Ken Fox »

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
Good point Ken....I'd forgotten about that.  Explains why all the accounts etc are up to date!

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »
If you both did your homework I think you will find that he bought Boston United FC shares from Lavaflow to gain overall control of the club.

The 2008 accounts show a current debt  of £1,065,838 owed within a year

This increases to £1,292,414 in 2009

and to £1,580,520 in 2010.

The increases due to Mr Newton's generosity presumably - i.e. loans he has made to BUFC.

There is still a large debt at BUFC and it must be owed to someone.  

Anyway now Christopher Shane Cook is a director and using this forum to promote the club perhaps he will explain to the fans about the large debt on BUFC's balance sheet which is due for payment within 12 months. To whom does the club owe such large sums of money Chris?  Have you asked these questions at Board level now you are on it? Thanks

PS. Mr Melvin Moxon why did you and your Trust Board sanction the purchase of £3,000 of worthless BUFC shares? Have you heard of due diligence and accountability to your membership (whose money much of this was)?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:36:46 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 02:44:23 PM »
Too old for homework Mark.....

You going to the game on the 14th?   Not be that far for you to travel?

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
The FSA has recently accepted the Trust as dormant (effectively dead),

Dormant means dormant dear boy or how else would dormant animals reawake after the winter chill?