Author Topic: video  (Read 9908 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
video
« on: August 17, 2009, 06:28:29 AM »
Ok, i know i've asked this question before but for some unknown reason i can't watch the post match vid on the OS. I've tried to download the whatever, but my 1940's hand crank computerthingy refuses to allow me to. So please, can some kind soul put it on here so i can watch the fecking thing!!   ;D

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: video
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 09:10:57 AM »
If all fails lonegunman its time to download the vlc player  (this is free of the net) not only will it play the interveiws but i havnt found anythink it dont play and the best bit its a small and simple bit of softwere that only takes about 6 meg up,

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 09:32:52 PM »
. So please, can some kind soul put it on here so i can watch the fecking thing!!   ;D

check the grassy knoll

Sorry lonegunman I do not think it can be done. This board does not support BB code relating to video (not even the [youtube] tags. Html code doe not work either.

So hopefully now I have said it cannot be done some 11 year old will will prove me wrong and make you happy.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »
Have you got iTunes?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 10:28:22 PM »
 Needs the latest Apple Quicktime .. you pc /laptop shd maybe  prompt U ..
   Don't load iTunes - unless U need it ..
     Just watched them both o k ..
       Tom Evans hinted that the later pre- season opposition may not have been strong enough .. which I tend to agree with ..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:31:08 PM by fTed »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 10:34:33 PM »
I think id still go for VLC,

1, Its stand alone does not require and other componants to run
2,simple to use but as a few nice little gadgets with it.
3, It will play nearly anythink you want.
4,Its a verry small file I.E almost all players are around 30 to 40 meg were vlc is only 6.
5,will run on verry low spec systems, basicly it adjust itself to run on your system(althou on really low spec it will run but not fantastic)

AND ITS FREE TO ANYONE

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »
Personally I have been running Windows 7 RC1 for months (which is fantastic btw), this includes WMP 12 which plays .mov files.

If it where me I wouldn't download that pile of sh*te from Apple as it is a resource hog and has so many uneeded features. I used to use QT Lite when using previous versions of windows downlaod it here

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
Personally I have been running Windows 7 RC1 for months (which is fantastic btw), this includes WMP 12 which plays .mov files.

If it where me I wouldn't download that pile of sh*te from Apple as it is a resource hog and has so many uneeded features. I used to use QT Lite when using previous versions of windows downlaod it here

Agree there. totel file is 88 meg and uses most of your onboard components to run

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »
I think the problem is that the video is embedded in the O/S in such a way that you can't actually download it as a file - unless you have the professional version of Quicktime. So you have to play it in your web browser and lonegunman's video playing browser add-ins aren't working for mov videos some reason.

So what he needs is for someone to grab the videos as files and then put them somewhere where he can download them.

I may be wrong of course!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 10:54:17 PM »
You can download it if you use chrome...

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »
u seem to have all bases covered W P ...!

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 11:01:32 PM »
If you right click on the video link it should say 'save link as' or somthing like that - then save it, watch it and delete it

TASGOE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »
Try left click on the link and then leave it to buffer. You might need a bit of patience here because if it's like mine it takes a couple of minutes but then plays in Quicktime.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
downloadable on vlc