Author Topic: Match v Town  (Read 22268 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: Match v Town
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
£72,000pa rent / 52 weeks = £1384.61 per week
I wasn't asking how he worked out the weekly rent, but how it makes us worse off compared to the other clubs...

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:03 PM »
Also taking into account everything else, policing costs, utility bills and any other debts that are probably being paid off from the Robwell era it doesnt give us a lot to work with.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 11:40:12 PM »
Plus not everyone pays a standard rate of £11. Take into account season ticket sales which lower the average price of going to a game. Also concessions are £7/8 I think and U16's are £4. The income over a season from ticket sales will probably be around £200,000-£250,0000 at a guess. There are so many other costs that football clubs have to fork out, it's a surprise that we're even planning to break even or to make a profit, obviously this should be the aim though. Travelling expenses alone could easily cost us £20k or so.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2011, 05:32:54 AM »
Traveling expenses! How much to travel from Mersyside each week?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »
Also taking into account everything else, policing costs, utility bills and any other debts that are probably being paid off from the Robwell era it doesnt give us a lot to work with.
Yep but everyone else has policing, utility bills etc. so doesn't put us at a disadvantage against other clubs.

Plus not everyone pays a standard rate of £11. Take into account season ticket sales which lower the average price of going to a game. Also concessions are £7/8 I think and U16's are £4. The income over a season from ticket sales will probably be around £200,000-£250,0000 at a guess. There are so many other costs that football clubs have to fork out, it's a surprise that we're even planning to break even or to make a profit, obviously this should be the aim though. Travelling expenses alone could easily cost us £20k or so.
Agreed but I've calculated all clubs income as the standard adult price. So again doesn't put us at a disadvantage against other clubs

So people are missing the point. Is there anyone that can give a valid reason why we supposedly pay less/are at a disadvantage when compared against other clubs in this division ???

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
Even if we are unable to offer the wages others are, the thing that disappoints me is the apparent lack of leverage going on. Our managers should be cherry picking the best players at this level, knocking on their doors and saying, "fancy coming and playing in front of FL sized crowds in an FL standard ground every other week? Fancy playing for a club that sometimes has more away than home fans? Then come play for us...."

From the lack of quality signings it would appear that this hasn't happened. But, as someone else said, I'm sure the Two Lees not deliberately filling up the squad with shit players. And there is a few weeks left until the season kicks off....

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
Slightly worried that losing Sleathy for a month will have a damaging affect on the start of the season. Whilst i have faith in the managers, replacing Pearson and Church was always going to be tough but i do think the club should spend the compensation monies for those two players on buying extra quality. If we got say £5000 for both players that gives approx £120 a week on top of the normal wage structure  for two quality players. Do we sign someone on loan for a month to cover Sleath or shift a signed player into the middle as cover?.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
Woad Pilgrim - You're just my type of man, you're hired !

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
Yep but everyone else has policing, utility bills etc. so doesn't put us at a disadvantage against other clubs.

We have a larger ground than most, which means it costs more to keep maintained. We also have full time staff, which most clubs in our division won't have.
Do we pay for the presence of a PC every game? Or is it part of the Community PC's job to be at each game? You never see police at any other ground.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Boston united still owe my friends shop £80 which they cant be bothered to pay so i cant see any disadvantage with money.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
ave Gates  400 - 500. Boston ave 1300 -1400.

3 Times the water.
Lots more stewards.
As mentioned above repairs and upkeep higher.
Around 10 turnstyle ops (or though some are voluntry)
Safty officers,Doctors,First Aid bill higher than most)
72k rent
Team travel Something most forget.

600 pound 21/22 times a season so thats around 13k gone.
Kit Cost and replacments comming to several 100 pounds per a player.
Pitch care etc.
Phone bills
admin bills
Printing bills for tickets and programs.
Heating bills,
Petrol for the other cars,
Entertainment charges for match day music etc,
Electrice bills,
Mobile phones,

Most clubs have these bills but ours are a lot higher due to the size of york street and the amount of staff and fans using these.

£308k Is nothink when you start adding the rest up.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2011, 06:25:40 PM »
3 Times the water.     I'd say watering the pitch is the biggest water cost and that's the same for all clubs. Would guess the difference in water bill is negligable.
Lots more stewards.  Yep agree with this. But I know a couple of stewards so know what they earn. I'd say the difference in this would be no more than 3-4K
As mentioned above repairs and upkeep higher.   Not seen a lot of repairs lately. I'd say the run down places we visit require more maintenance to keep the ground grading.
Around 10 turnstyle ops (or though some are voluntry)           as you say some voluntary, other clubs will have TO's as well so negligible difference.
Safty officers,Doctors,First Aid bill higher than most)                 It's surely a requirement for all clubs to have these, not sure how ours are going to cost more?
72k rent     already accounted for

600 pound 21/22 times a season so thats around 13k gone.    Blyth and Workington have to travel further so will have higher travel costs
Pitch care etc.
Phone bills
admin bills
Heating bills,
Electrice bills,         highest cost floodlights, there is a minimum wattage needed for ground grading so costs will be similar.
Mobile phones

Most of the rest I can't see how having a bigger ground = higher costs e.g. phone bills? It doesn't cost more because the ground is bigger.

I've not seen anything that will take the 100K to 140K extra we have compared to a 400-500 average supporting team after ground rent.

If as P86 suggests it's going to full time backroom staff (4-5 full time backroom staff would easily take 100K+) maybe this is where we need to be looking to be making savings? Not sure who we employ though apart from John and Craig so can't see where we could make any cuts there as these 2 are vital for the club and Craig in particular brings in vital revenue through sponsorship etc.

So I still don't see how we can be worse off than most clubs in this league who's income is 100-140K less than ours...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:29:27 PM by woad_pilgrim »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2011, 06:42:20 PM »
Im with WP on this one take vauxhall they only 150 fans some games. They still have some good players and a competitive squad they would have to the same rules and regs. And they couldnt overspend as they are a sports comittee, so can only spend what they make

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
3 Times the water.     I'd say watering the pitch is the biggest water cost and that's the same for all clubs. Would guess the difference in water bill is negligable.
Lots more stewards.  Yep agree with this. But I know a couple of stewards so know what they earn. I'd say the difference in this would be no more than 3-4K
As mentioned above repairs and upkeep higher.   Not seen a lot of repairs lately. I'd say the run down places we visit require more maintenance to keep the ground grading.
Around 10 turnstyle ops (or though some are voluntry)           as you say some voluntary, other clubs will have TO's as well so negligible difference.
Safty officers,Doctors,First Aid bill higher than most)                 It's surely a requirement for all clubs to have these, not sure how ours are going to cost more?
72k rent     already accounted for

600 pound 21/22 times a season so thats around 13k gone.    Blyth and Workington have to travel further so will have higher travel costs
Pitch care etc.
Phone bills
admin bills
Heating bills,
Electrice bills,         highest cost floodlights, there is a minimum wattage needed for ground grading so costs will be similar.
Mobile phones

Most of the rest I can't see how having a bigger ground = higher costs e.g. phone bills? It doesn't cost more because the ground is bigger.

I've not seen anything that will take the 100K to 140K extra we have compared to a 400-500 average supporting team after ground rent.

If as P86 suggests it's going to full time backroom staff (4-5 full time backroom staff would easily take 100K+) maybe this is where we need to be looking to be making savings? Not sure who we employ though apart from John and Craig so can't see where we could make any cuts there as these 2 are vital for the club and Craig in particular brings in vital revenue through sponsorship etc.

So I still don't see how we can be worse off than most clubs in this league who's income is 100-140K less than ours...

I wasn't splitting a difference from us to other clubs when mentioning the normal bills as such, just highlighting the bills to pay.

Pitch is the most expencive in water but 1300 people using toilet gives a massive increase in flushes of urinals etc, Since your charge to receive the water and then charge for the water to be taken aswell this bill would stack up over a season way above average 4-500 clubs.

Stewards 3-4 key is still 3-4k

Walk ways and banasters are painted at least every 2 seasons by heavy duty paint and as someone who has used this paint it would cost several thousends to do York Street. Board replacments, Seats etc costs.
We also require a lot more 1st aiders to most clubs becouse of been over the 1000 mark.

Electricity bills: Offices are in use most days compared to most in this league in use 2-3 days, Add to that the 6 or 7 pc in use everyday in the vp lounge, extra lighting inside the stands due to having 4 stands iinstead of the normal 1 and half which seems to be the norm,

Higher Buisness rates due to size and rooms in the ground( If anyone knows much about this they will know its a killer)

Even if John and Craig are the only full time that is still 40 K gone.

Just one other Thing to mention is that if you look at most other clubs at this level with the exeption of a couple of clubs they have huge catchment area of players on there doorstep, Most have to travel to Boston and some of this is covered by the club but it does highlight why its not always possible to get players in that we want.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
nice to see a lot of  the managers who didnt apply for the job have become accountants :)
if the club is haemorrhaging almost 2k a week (ie a 100k loss last year) then it cant go on forever.
DN is not Abromavich, he like the rest of us is feeling the pinch
Some cost cutting has to be done.
If this to be a "consildation" season then so be it.
 All i was pointing out is that a £1384 bill each doesnt help. (unless you happen to be an ex chairman of course)