Author Topic: Match v Town  (Read 22330 times)

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
Re: Match v Town
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
There is no point in moaning about money loss etc.
Why don't us fans group up and buy a small share in the club?  ;D

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 08:19:34 PM »
With the greatest respect to all the posters here, I for one am becoming increasingly relieved that it's DN in charge not some of the number crunchers who have decided to display their talents.

Each to their own, he's an extremely successful business man whose expertise has brought nothing but hope to the club. How about we let him get on with it and we'll do what we do best SUPPORT the team instead of being beaten before a ball has been kicked

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2011, 08:19:46 PM »
Er that'll be the Trust. I do hope my tenner was put to good use.

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
remember who we are, DAVID NEWTONS BARMY ARMY

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 08:40:23 PM »
With the greatest respect to all the posters here, I for one am becoming increasingly relieved that it's DN in charge not some of the number crunchers who have decided to display their talents.

Each to their own, he's an extremely successful business man whose expertise has brought nothing but hope to the club. How about we let him get on with it and we'll do what we do best SUPPORT the team instead of being beaten before a ball has been kicked

Its a fool who questions Dave's head for figures......

Whatever happens on the pitch is not his making, he doesn't sign the players, coach them or scout them.

For my money he's a 1st class chairman doing a brilliant job.......I'm just not sure he's made the right managerial appointments.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2011, 08:46:57 PM »
nice to see a lot of  the managers who didnt apply for the job have become accountants :)
if the club is haemorrhaging almost 2k a week (ie a 100k loss last year) then it cant go on forever.
DN is not Abromavich, he like the rest of us is feeling the pinch
Some cost cutting has to be done.
If this to be a "consildation" season then so be it.
 All i was pointing out is that a £1384 bill each doesnt help. (unless you happen to be an ex chairman of course)
There's not need to be sarcastic mate. Again you've completely missed the point, I'm NOT disputing that we're losing money or need to cut costs, you said we are at a disadvantage against clubs with lower support, all I want is evidence from you how? If you're still struggling to get that then I'm wasting my time.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »
...And lets not forget the tax bill this time!

Think there has been an awful lot of over simplification of the figures involved.  I've been involved with running a few businesses and you always find that there are loads of hidden costs that you hadn't considered, especially when the public are on your premises.  What about public liability insurance for example?  A well supported club like Boston is bound to pay a lot more than a smaller club for example.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2011, 08:52:37 PM »

Again missed the point. All I want is for someone to give me the logic behind this myth that we have one of the poorest budgets in this league. It's like the myth we aren't allowed in the Conf Nat due to the number of years left on the lease, that must have been asked 5 or 6 times and still people keep saying it, or like BUFC and/or Evans where banned from the Conference for 10 years, if enough people say it then it has to be true, right  ::)

DN is doing a brilliant job and has done ever since he came to the club, I want to be quite clear about that.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
I'd say we still have a strong budget for this league but just a case that that with the larger costs involved in running a bigger stadium the margin isn't neccessarily as big as it might first appear.  I think our geographical location is probably a hinderance with increased travel for away games and players travel expenses.

The key thing that I think nobody has brought up though is that football has gone mad at this level.,  Many conference clubs are running full time squads they blatantly can't afford and thats even crept into our BSN over the past few seasons.  I can also think of at least two sugar daddys bankrolling their teams in this division.  Is their any rule about percentage of turnover at this level? 

I'm pretty sure over the next few seasons we are going to see the whole pack of cards collapse and I feel a lot happier knowing we have a well run, if not awe inspiring side this season than a sugar daddy who might leave in 12 months time when he/she gets bored and the club go bust.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »

Again missed the point. All I want is for someone to give me the logic behind this myth that we have one of the poorest budgets in this league. It's like the myth we aren't allowed in the Conf Nat due to the number of years left on the lease, that must have been asked 5 or 6 times and still people keep saying it, or like BUFC and/or Evans where banned from the Conference for 10 years, if enough people say it then it has to be true, right  ::)

Im by far claiming we have the poorest but not has healthy as most think.

DN is doing a brilliant job and has done ever since he came to the club, I want to be quite clear about that.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »
Me to pleased that DM is the man behind the figures. Doing my own accounts and book keeping is plenty for me

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »
Woad, calm down. You'll have a turn  :D
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »
As Maxross explains when it actually come to running a business all sorts of costly items appear .   Newton runs the business properly ,  does other clubs "overlook" items to costcut ?
I would guess we have a competative budget for this league .
The only thing i,ve learned from this thread is that if we all refrain from p*ssing at the matches it will reduce the water bill.

Seenbetter

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2011, 10:49:51 PM »
A. Glad that DN is at the helm.
B. Go along with Norty40s about not being sure that the managers were the right choice but wish em well and hope they prove me wrong.
C. Bit of advice for Mr Fenty that was offered to me once, but not always taken - it is sometimes better to keep ones mouth shut and let everyone think you're a tit rather than open it and remove all doubt. Me thinks he protesteth too much.
D. The best thing to do is turn up at the games when the season starts and support the team and hope all goes well.
E. Haven't looked to see how much it is to watch the Wigan friendly but if it is £12 to stand, as someone has suggested, then will most likely do something else simply because it is only a friendly. If Boston fc are at home with a friendly could go there 'cos I understand they are on a winning streak. ;)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »
I hope Mr Newton is buying gold on behalf of Boston Utd instead of paying over inflated players' wages for instant success because inflation is rising and will be lot higher in the months ahead as will the price of gold.  Clubs in BSN with average gates of less than 500 can't sustain over inflated pay for players especially when inflation continues to rise- they will fail like a pack of cards. 

That would be the time to cash in on the gold and mount an attack on the BSN title and Conference.