Author Topic: Match v Town  (Read 22314 times)

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Match v Town
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
The worries with the signings have been up front. I don't think that Suarez is or will be anything more than a back up player. Stones isn't up to the level and Jj is well past his best. With Newsham being fragile and not a proven goal scorer at this level and not sure he will be(a la Clare moving from scoring in conf to not in league 2), I can't see where the goals come from.

We also need a combative tackling midfielder and another centre half.

Therefore at least 4 signingsand we will be fine but without that then mid table at best, relegation battle is a possibility if we don't have anyone to put the chances away

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 06:44:54 PM »
Tbh you say Ogden isnt ready for the first team but what he showed today was impressive to say the least,he can run at players and hes only little hes not scared to,he holds the ball up,hes fast and hes got pace to leave players standing,If it was me Id give him a fair crack.

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
I'm comparatively new to being a football fan, and it appears that for me to be a true fan, I must put the times that we are beaten to bad luck, or improving the team.

At what stage is a "true fan" allowed to say "actually, I don't think this squad is going to be up to it" without being flamed as a heretic?

Thanks in advance for all the constructive comments I'm about to get.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:51:37 PM by threenil »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
Adam, with the greatest of respect relegation should not even be an issue.

Say what you like about H&S but they left terrific foundations here, the play off defeat was a disappointment be we should look to build on that and push on next season.A play off berth should be seen as the absolute minimum requirement every season while we are below the Conference National, the status of the club demands it.

Sadly all I see is backward steps resigning old players and players who were not quite good enough 1st time around. I'm worried the progress off the field (which has been superb in every department) will be hampered by a lack of progress on it.

Since Your demands are so high maybe its time you put your hand in your pocket and put in the exrta  2 to 300 hundred Thousend so we can meet your requirments.

You talk of H&S from last year and the year before and now going back. Last year and the year before the team cost to much. We Made a loss

perhaps you should do a straw poll of supporters and see what they expect after the last two seasons,  in most walks of life and certainly business you expect to see year on year progress.

And please don't get personal, none of us have access to the kind of money needed to balance the books, thats a pretty stupid comment to make.

I didn't see any personal comment in that or nore do i wish to make a personal comment.

My point at the mo is without the funds the team people want will not be there, The past 2 years have been fantastic and will leave most wanting mre of the same. But the the last 2 years see a decent amount of losses both years(Last season was a lot less but not even this can be substained) People need to remember that we aint alking of a couple of grand.

To carry on we have no choice to cut the spend and this also means available players are fewer apart.

Yes i have my own concearns and disapointments but id rather be medioca than have the rug pulled

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
It was good to see a good crowd down at Town today. As for the football it was a little dull a bit like the the weather, we lacked some drive today but if Holsgrave, Miquel and sleath had put their chances away it would have been a different story, to be fair to Town they worked their socks off and looked a decent team. I thought that Stones did the best today out of the front men, for all the stick the lad has got and Semple looked dangerous like normal when he got the ball, Ogden also looked livley when he came on, JJ was not quite their for me today but we need to give them all time. I'm sure that L & C know what they need to add to the team and are working on it.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
It was good to see a good crowd down at Town today. As for the football it was a little dull a bit like the the weather, we lacked some drive today but if Holsgrave, Miquel and sleath had put their chances away it would have been a different story, to be fair to Town they worked their socks off and looked a decent team. I thought that Stones did the best today out of the front men, for all the stick the lad has got and Semple looked dangerous like normal when he got the ball, Ogden also looked livley when he came on, JJ was not quite their for me today but we need to give them all time. I'm sure that L & C know what they need to add to the team and are working on it.
thanks lc, finally got a report

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »
I went to the match as usual looking for positives ,  but their was none .
The unknown factor is what other players are being brought in ,  if we don,t bring in four qaulity signings we are in for along  hard season.  Would money spent on a fitness coach be better put towards the playing budget ? Fitness as not been a problem for the last two years without one.
 Today Town were the worthy winners.
 Our players on show today would struggle to get 40 goals a season .

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 08:03:31 PM »
I guess the only posiive the BSP team will be releasing trialists this weekend.....let hope JL and LC can pick up 3-4 above average signings.

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
Think we need to get Neil Kempster out of retirement. Was a pretty meen no. 9 for the mighty Queenof Spades and the Brit!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
You lot are going on as if we have already been relegated. Friendlies are just what they say on the tin. No-one really takes them seriously at semi-pro level. It's all about getting your fitness, bonding etc etc. These guys aren't full time pros'.

A few years ago when I was playing I was in exactly the same position and the pre-season games had zero bearing on how well we did in the league.

Lighten up lads. This is a marathon - not a sprint.

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »
Fitness! I think the Fitness Coach stated they looked good last week! If they don't take them serious why should people pay to watch them?If they can't take a local derby serious there's no hope for the rest of the season!Looks like we are going back to TT happy clappers season!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »
KON - I don't think people should really pay to watch them. Friendlies have been blown way out of proportion during the last few years. Personally, I can't be bothered with them. If the weather's nice I might go down to have a look but I won't go out of my way and certainly won't get all worked up if we don't play brilliantly and don't win five nil.

DL

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »
Tbf it was a little poor.  It had an air of we'll just turn up cos we have to about it. Saying that chris hall was playing center mid which he isn't jordan fairclough did ok holsgrove looked good when he got on the ball. I strugle to see what new signings was poor excluding stones who was at the club anyway
Are you serious, Joachim was abysmal, looked totally uninterested and only made one significant contribution, which was beating a man and getting a good cross in on 40 mins. As for the rest thought Semps was well below par, Holsgrove wasn't as good as Tuesday, Hall looked like a fish out of water so didn't really have a good game.

A big plus was Jordan Fairclough thought he played well today and showing some promise for a young lad. Once we made the mass changes we where much better, young Ogden is a good player and I'd like C&L take a chance on him. Would have liked to see Milly in centre mid as we needed someone to break the play up. Stones was poor until the changes but then played the best I've seen him play. Young Harry Deane also did well.

Overall was disgusted at the lack of giving a shit by the 11 that started, the young lads that finished looked a much better team. The big worries are still a lack of someone with bite in the middle (C&L must have someone in mind for this) and more worryingly a lack of firepower, just can't see where the goals are coming from.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 09:45:39 PM »
Take Shaun's goals out of the equation after xmas last season and it doesn't take a genius to work out we've got a problem up front.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
My point at the mo is without the funds the team people want will not be there
This isn't true for me, it's not about funding it's about the change from getting young, unproven players who can improve personally and as a team, to getting older players with no promise. If we'd have signed young beck and a.n.other like him (let's say Dotty Cotton from Stamford) I'd have no complaints now, and I'd hazzard a guess that these 2 would be cheaper than Joachim/Stones...