Author Topic: Match v Town  (Read 22317 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Match v Town
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »
So who's going to offer up the excuses for that?

Pride of Lincolnshire

Re: Match v Town
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »
In all seriousness, pre season games aren't a true measure of a squad. You've got to give the team a couple of months in the league before you can truely gauge how they're performing. Although I'm not impressed by some of the signings, it's only fair we do give every player a fair shot. Let's not be too hasty in shooting the players down please.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
2 months in and your season's defined.

I'm seriously worried the good work of the last 2 years is going to be ruined in one summer.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 05:09:28 PM »
It will only be ruined if we are relegated.  I don't think that will happen, mainly based on some of the shit we saw last season.

I'm only concerned by the JJ signing but as someone else mentioned the exact same was being said about Laurie last season.

Today's result is embarrassing, nothing more.  Hopefully will kick the players and managers into gear so the games that matter don't go the same way.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »
   Must be the 1st time Town have beaten Utd  for a while .
        Plenty of time ( a month ) to get the right players in   .
  Still , would have expected an away goal or two  at  Tattershall  Rd  .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »
Adam, with the greatest of respect relegation should not even be an issue.

Say what you like about H&S but they left terrific foundations here, the play off defeat was a disappointment be we should look to build on that and push on next season.A play off berth should be seen as the absolute minimum requirement every season while we are below the Conference National, the status of the club demands it.

Sadly all I see is backward steps resigning old players and players who were not quite good enough 1st time around. I'm worried the progress off the field (which has been superb in every department) will be hampered by a lack of progress on it.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
The only reason I mention the R word is that's my definition of failure really.

Also to quote Lee Carter directly 'build a club off the field to sustain Conference football and leave the football side to catch up'. A man to be listened to and hopefully one whose club we can mirror, so no worries if this season is not ours for promotion.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »

Say what you like about H&S but they left terrific foundations here, the play off defeat was a disappointment be we should look to build on that and push on next season.A play off berth should be seen as the absolute minimum requirement every season while we are below the Conference National, the status of the club demands it.

Sadly all I see is backward steps resigning old players and players who were not quite good enough 1st time around. I'm worried the progress off the field (which has been superb in every department) will be hampered by a lack of progress on it.

Since Your demands are so high maybe its time you put your hand in your pocket and put in the exrta  2 to 300 hundred Thousend so we can meet your requirments.

You talk of H&S from last year and the year before and now going back. Last year and the year before the team cost to much. We Made a loss

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 05:26:24 PM »
Can anyone who went tell us how the game actully was.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »

Since Your demands are so high maybe its time you put your hand in your pocket and put in the exrta  2 to 300 hundred Thousend so we can meet your requirments.

You talk of H&S from last year and the year before and now going back. Last year and the year before the team cost to much. We Made a loss

perhaps you should do a straw poll of supporters and see what they expect after the last two seasons,  in most walks of life and certainly business you expect to see year on year progress.

And please don't get personal, none of us have access to the kind of money needed to balance the books, thats a pretty stupid comment to make.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »
Can anyone who went tell us how the game actully was.
From a Boston United perspective-truly dreadful.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
What did you expect!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 05:58:52 PM »
Tbf it was a little poor.  It had an air of we'll just turn up cos we have to about it. Saying that chris hall was playing center mid which he isn't jordan fairclough did ok holsgrove looked good when he got on the ball. I strugle to see what new signings was poor excluding stones who was at the club anyway

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »
My main worry is not who we've signed so far bar Stones, its the lack of new faces that are on trial here, as much as i like Milson he maybe will look back on that leg-break at Nantwich the other year with a bit of anger because before that he looked a promising prospect but while S/H was here he never got a look in, and now whilst on trial for us he's being played at Right Back.

Also i think Ogden and Ward looked half-decent today, but they're IMO not ready to be 1st team regulars.

I honeslty don't think its the signings we've signed that has worried people its the lack of new faces and 'new ideas' from the Gaffers.

That being said though i'll give C/L a fair chance and those players who sign for us but i do feel we are in need of bring fresh faces in.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »

perhaps you should do a straw poll of supporters and see what they expect after the last two seasons,  in most walks of life and certainly business you expect to see year on year progress.

And please don't get personal, none of us have access to the kind of money needed to balance the books, thats a pretty stupid comment to make.

Doesn't mean they're being either reasonable or well informed though.

As far as I can see the only alternative is for the Chestnuts to forego the opportunity to actually balance the books (meaning the club is viable for the first time in decades), stick a few more hundred £k of their own money in so we can have a better shot at making the play offs. Think we've been there before with investing money the club doesn't really have.