Author Topic: JJ SIGNS  (Read 20720 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: JJ SIGNS
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 11:00:25 PM »
Well I'm gonna support the team like I always do if we do well I'll support if we don't I'll support if that makes me a happy clapper then fair enough rather that than just slag everyone off b4 they kick a ball

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 11:03:23 PM »
I've a lot of respect for you WP...whoever you are......you go to most away games (WHICH ARE BEYOND ME FOR OBVIOUS REASONS) and give honest and insightful reports.......if its good stuff you praise and if its garbage you say as it is, even if we've seen very little poor stuff for a couple of years.

Nope, you're far from being a HC!

Sorry to disappoint!

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
julian joachim and mickey stones.. a force to be reckoned with.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 11:21:01 PM »
We have had two good seasons and there is nothing to say that we wont do this season, JJ, Stones & Parker may not be costing much at all between them? but I do feel that we are knocking them and the managers before they have got going, We dont know anything about the wages they may only get paid as they play? so we could still have money in the pot to add extra players on contracts

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 11:57:39 PM »
Well I'm gonna support the team like I always do if we do well I'll support if we don't I'll support if that makes me a happy clapper then fair enough rather that than just slag everyone off b4 they kick a ball
Yes I have seen them kick a ball at Arnold and they weren't very impressive. These signings are a massive own goal there's much better about, I wasn't joking regarding Beck and Matson. Geeze if we're looking at ex players why not see what Ricky Miller, Jamie Clarke and Dotty Cotton are doing, I'd rate all of them better than Stones and Joachim.

There's a ton of good quality players about. Now we have someone driving from the North West why not look around at what's available that way, get a couple of players in to car share with Holsgrove. There's a much wider pool of players up there which will reduce wage demands and would take pressure off Holsgrove driving. It's not rocket science.

And yes I'll still support home and away every week as usual but the optimism and faith I had in Jason and Lee is fast evaporating. We still need 1 or preferably 2 strikers and a ball winning midfielder plus another player who can play full back/centre half (Stevens?) and a utility player for the middle (Millson?).

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 12:42:14 AM »
I seem to recall Dudfield got the same reaction as JJ, and look what happened. He turned out to be pretty decent. It wasn't that long ago that we sold JJ for £100k or whatever it was, he's a local lad so will surely give it his all and you never know it might turn out to be a great signing.

Haven't seen Stones yet, but the amount of criticism we got last season to not giving reserve team players a try, now we are, again we're getting more criticism. It's a catch 22 situation.

Parker, whenever fit has turned out to be a good versatile player. Something we'll need to cover injuries. Still, Suarez and Newsh would be my first choice, but JJ and Stones wouldn't be that bad to bring on from the bench.

bb1

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:47 AM »
Been a while since i posted on here but i am with the no no on the two strikers. They are a huge mistake on the managers part.And think i should be allowed a moan as it is going to cost two of us the best part of a grand home and away for the season as well as time. yes our choice but think it entitles me to an opinion.even it it is negative.  I am going on their showing at Arnold no way are they going to beat some of the quality defenders they will come up against.But what do i know like the rest of the supporters i aint got coaching badges so all i hope is they are two players that will react favourably and the managers excel at motivation.  I will put my trust in a hopefully solid defence think it will a mid table finish but will wait and see who else they bring in they still have room for four or five more.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 01:18:04 AM »
I don't want us to break the bank and get into financial trouble again. We do however need to invest more in players to be competitive. Once you stop being competitive, fans loose interest and the club would suffer financially. You don't have to spend rediculous sums of money on players, Scott and Hurst showed us that. The phrase speculate to accumulate springs to mind.

We needed knowledgeable managers to find talented and affordable players and we havent got that. We needed the chairman to give the managers a competitive budget, we havent got that. But the club expect the fans to pay more this season ! It's a very dangerous gamble the club is taking and one I feel very uncomfortable about.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 06:07:32 AM »
P O L well said the club are in trouble with this squad of 16 dont think we will see many more.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 07:17:39 AM »
we should all just wait and see what happens during the season, instead of moaning before a ball has been kicked.  :bunny

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »
Bosstick u aint a proper fan. Ur not aloud to come on here and give people a chance, ur only aloud on here if u gonna come out with all this prove me wrong rubbish, and I pay my money so I can slag people off shite. I don't think jj is the rite move but (PROVE ME WRONG HA HA) you still have to give him a chance. I think we'll finnish mid table with a mid table budget. Do I agree with it no but it is what it is

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 09:36:13 AM »
Just sometimes I think one or two 'fans' can be miserable old shite heads. What exactly do they think Lee & Lee are doing? Do they somehow suppose the managers have spent weeks digging around the football circuit looking lumps of old coal? Or could, this hungry new management duo be in search of some prime nuggets of good stuff? L & L are in effect embarking on a new phase of their careers. I bet all I have they have not set out on this career path thinking we'll build up a team of crap players put them in front of the farmer Dan's for a year, have a laugh and piss off to some great team after a naff season! Get real. Stop this miserable, depressing, crap it's infectious. They are competitors. Winning is their way. Support the club. Support the players and support L & L.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:43:18 AM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 09:49:08 AM »
I'd have thought they'd have waited until at least one more friendly before signing any of the trialists.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
No contract lengths are mentioned, so you would presume these are non-contract - they can easily be released if they don't produce the goods.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »
To be fair MLF everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you look back over all my posts on this forum 90% are positive and supportive of the club. People like noughtyforties I hardly ever agree with much he says as it's too negative IMO, but you have to respect someone's opinions even if they are completely opposite.

I've supported the club since 85, not always going to games as there's been times when I haven't been able to do this. But I've gone when everyone has thought I'm mad, like going away to Cammel Laird midweek when we nearly got relegated a few seasons back (when less than 10 Boston supporters where there), I'm sure others on here have similar tales. So the point is this isn't fair weather support your talking too.

I'm happy for us to give youth a chance and don't believe a lower budget is prohibitive in attracting young unproven players (which has stood us in good stead in the last couple of years). Like I said if we're intent on going with former players I have listed 4 or 5 younger players who have potential, if not there must be loads of young players who'd jump at a chance to play for BUFC.

Going for 1 of their mates who struggled at Quorn and Holbeach and is 36 isn't the right move IMO, if you don't agree fine but don't tell loyal supporters to shut up. Stones is 27 next week and has never cut it at this high a level. If he hasn't made it yet what makes you think he's suddenly developed into a Conf North 15-20 goal a season player now? It certainly looks like they've taken the easy option.

I have never and will never boo my own players but the boo boys will have a field day with Stones. He makes DD look silky skilled and pacey, why didn't we just keep DD? He isn't much older than Stones and is proven at this level.

The big worry is this won't attract the floating supporter and more worryingly will put off the casual fan. Even regular supporters will think twice IMO. Again IMO if it doesn't go right then we'll be seeing 200-300 drop off the gates very quickly, another budget cut by Xmas and the better players going, which will mean more stop going, so another budget cut...you see where that can end up.

This is a big risk by the club I hope it pays off.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:16:05 AM by woad_pilgrim »