Author Topic: JJ SIGNS  (Read 20719 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Re: JJ SIGNS
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
Happy with Parker, but hoping more than expecting any significant contributions from Stones or JJ. The former looked decent in the Vauxhall match at the end of last year, but it was only one game playing in a rampant team against a poor side. I would've liked him to have been kept predominantly as a reserve teamer ala last season. I expect JJ to be brilliant or awful, and think the latter is much more likely. The only thing that does strike me is that he must have impressed the managers a lot in training, otherwise they surely wouldn't have signed him up after one pre-season game in which he was, by most accounts, pretty average.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »
A backward step in my opinion.I don't believe anyone can really be happy when we lose players like Church/Pearson/Murphy/SWD and replace them with this kind of player.Seems all the momentum we have built over the last two seasons with a basically young hungry team has been lost.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »
Well said MLF i agree with you totally

Seenbetter

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
I would refer the honourable members to my entry last week entitled Not Alone. In actual fact I think it's getting rather crowded.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 11:10:10 AM »
I think parker is a great signing, and JJ has had undeniable class so if he could recreate any of that class it would be a good signing...   BUT Stones is no way good enough we must get another striker thats scored goals at this level of one below!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
People seem to be expecting Stones to be first choice - he won't be! He'll be back up for Suarez in the big man role up front - plus there's always Big Jase himself.

Signing him on first team forms - does this now allow him to go out on loan for a month at the start of the season to maybe get his fitness up? The reserves don't start until Septemember.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
woad_pilgrim, I can agree with some points you make. I will respect and defend peoples right of speech. I will not always respect their views. I will challenge them and if I wish give my opinion. That's the way the world goes round. Whilst not one of this forums most prolific posters, I do on occasion get sick and tired of the miserable sods bleating on. I do think others sometimes jump on this despairing, mournful bandwagon. Frankly, people of David Newtons ilk are saints putting up with some of the diatribe.
Regards,
MLF
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »
Good news to cheer us up .   Matt Hocking is not going to be signed .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:03 PM »
 Well . . let's  just amuse ourselves ?  by thinking formations .. how they would slot in .
  I would use the Scouse arrowhead as favored by  Liverpool when those Spaniards were there .
       viz . .
                                            Stones/ Suez                  

Hols                          Newsh/Semps

Hall

Another                  Another/Parker

Wobbly         Canns                 Austi                  J F .

Bazz                
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:37:36 PM by father Ted »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »
woad_pilgrim, I can agree with some points you make. I will respect and defend peoples right of speech. I will not always respect their views. I will challenge them and if I wish give my opinion. That's the way the world goes round. Whilst not one of this forums most prolific posters, I do on occasion get sick and tired of the miserable sods bleating on. I do think others sometimes jump on this despairing, mournful bandwagon. Frankly, people of David Newtons ilk are saints putting up with some of the diatribe.
Regards,
MLF

You'd better show us where Dave Newton's getting a panning.........all I see is people unhappy with the managers, not the chairman.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
Regards,
MLF

You'd better show us where Dave Newton's getting a panning.........all I see is people unhappy with the managers, not the chairman.

You'd better show me where I said he was.  Attention to detail old chap  ::)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »
Going with what we have signed on currently
GK BAZZA
RB FAIRCLOUGH
LB JELLYMAN
CB AUSTIN
CB CANNOVILLE
RM SEMPLE
LM HOLDSGROVE
CM HALL
CM SLEATH (WHEN HE'S BACK)
ST NEWSHAM
ST SUAREZ

SUB PARKER
SUB WARD
SUB STONES
SUB JOACHAM
SUB DRURY

Well . . let's  just amuse ourselves ?  by thinking formations .. how they would slot in .
  I would use the Scouse arrowhead as favored by  Liverpool when those Spaniards were there .
       viz . .
                                            Stones/ Suez                  

Hols                          Newsh/Semps

Hall

Another                  Another/Parker

Wobbly         Canns                 Austi                  J F .

Bazz                

G

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »

According to this publicity, Joachim will be part of the Leicester City Legends squad that takes on Nottingham Forest legends in a charity friendly on Sunday ...

http://www.soarmagazine.co.uk/2011/07/15/steve-walsh-blog-my-greatest-eleven-midfield/

If you’re free this Sunday, come on down to Quorn FC, to see the like of me, Muzzy, Matt Elliott, Julian Joachim, Stefan Oakes and Matty Piper in action against former Forest stars, including Steve Stone, Steve Chettle and David Johnson.

At 36, can he play two games in two days? I can't see him putting too long a stint in at Boston Town if he is playing again on Sunday.

The same friendly also took place last season, and Jason Lee played for Forest Legends!

With Sleath off to China at the start of the season, I wonder if Muzzy Izzett or Steve Stone could do a short-term job for us in midfield!

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:55 PM »
Panic signings IMO I dont rate Stones after seeing him play at the end of last season, To lazy IMO. As for JJ when we went to Quorn and yes i know he scored but lost all his pace and was just poaching in the box mostly and got the lucky goal. Ill reserve judgement on Liam Parker

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »
Just as a matter of interest, how many on this thread have:-
Played football,
Managed a football team.
And at what level.
Reading this I think most of you should stick to Eastenders, not Townenders. LIVEN UP.