Author Topic: We are missing out  (Read 4163 times)

Bob Lee

We are missing out
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:46:19 PM »
With the horror of broadfield lane fresh in my mind, it got me thinking.

If unofficial figures are to be believed 30% of Boston's population is made up of migrants.

I can count on one hand how many times I have seen one of these attending a match.

1% of that total would put an extra two to three hundred on the gate.

Get them down the ground, if they come once they may come again.

Go down to the migration intergration centre, with posters printed in several languages and challange all nationalities to join a 5 a side league.

With national pride at stake and mix of nations a small league could be formed.

The league would be amateur and would go on in conjunction with United's season.

The match would be 5 minutes each way and played on the pitch at half time.

A Boston town end team could take part, to represent England.

So a league of say six teams, each team would play once every Three weeks.

By holding it at half time, the teams and their supporters would have to attend at least the first half.

You never know, some may return.

I shall read this post in the morning and have the right to delete it.   Yummy on my third bottle of Old Peculier. ;D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: We are missing out
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:07:14 PM »
Good idea.....

In fact I'm amazed there isn't a migrant league running in town by now.

Agree about the posters in different languages in strategic positions in town, anythings worth a try.

Put it in writing to Dave, he's bloody good at replying to supporters concerns and idea's to further the clubs community projects.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »
mm Sadly ,I could think of at least a couple of reasons to stymie  this . .
  1   The mechanisms which bought them here and keep them here are such that nearly all to a man ( or woman ) would wish to keep their profiles well below the parapet  .
       2   They ain' t got no spare money for elective entertainment  .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 08:10:23 AM »
Doesn't this come up every year?

Although posters in their mother tongue rather than reduced entry, 'bring a foreigner day' does sound more of a goer.  With Chris Cook on board it's not something that would hit the clubs pocket too hard.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:20:03 AM »
I think you need to understand why the majority of the migrants have come to swamp the area.

They are here for the money they can get.

They live as frugally as they can to ensure they have money to send home, if their families are not here.

They do not intend, try or want to integrate into the local community, in the main.

They do not invest any of their money back into the community and generally hold locals in real contempt, how many foreign registered car wrecks do you see driving around?

They have no interest in whether or not BUFC survive and generally they are working while we "local idiots" are watching football.

They would rather wash cars on illegal sites, paying no water rates, business insurance, liability insurance, no minimum wages, especially on freezing cold days.

And finally they would rather my 80 year old mother stepped into the road to allow them to walk 4 abreast through Bargate in their beautiful clothes they salvaged of the set of Borat

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »
I know someone in Scotland. Can I bring her.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »
Bob I spotted one last year! Looked pissed up!

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:48 AM »
there is nothing for them to come for though, for instance i follow speedway and attended the world cup meeting at Kings Lynn the other week in which Poland were taking part. Of the 6,000 in attendance i would say nearly half would have been Polish. It is a similar story when i attend the speedway gp in Cardiff so this shows the migrants do have the money but just not the interest in the sport until we sign at least one Polish or Lithuanian player, which realistically isn't going to happen!!