Author Topic: JJ SIGNS  (Read 20777 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
JJ SIGNS
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »
Along with parker and stones

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: JJ SIGNS
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Here we go with a 20 page thread of negitivity Based on age and over the hill comments..............................

Cant wait till the season starts then at least if its crap there be a reason for it.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »
Riveting stuff  ::) Yawn indeed.

Best get some densely tinted glasses, it's going be a long season !

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:51:18 PM »
Pah, prove me wrong  :-\
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »
One out of three aint bad

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »
Newsh and Suarez first choice up front surely? JJ can play wide right too, so there's cover for Semps.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
Remember we have cut the budget again this season (worth it in order to break even) these three could be useful squad players throught the season.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »
Sorry to be yawnsville but this news has really depressed me. I thought after the signing of Holsgrove we were going after a new batch of players not the same old faces.

We supposedly made Pearson a really good offer to stay - where's that cash gone? I thought we were bringing in these modest squad players to make room for a couple of wow signings, but all we're getting is more squad players.

Not impressed at all by the two Lees so far but I will of course support them come kick-off time and hope they PROVE ME WRONG  :)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »
So we've gone with someone who was barely good enough for UCL last season, a kid out of the reserves who's basically a battering ram and Liam who's a decent player when he's not on the treatment table......

Sorry but thats not good enough, not nearly good enough.

After the signing of Holsgrove I was pleasantly optimistic,but these are nothing signings.

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »
The club could put the gate price up by £5 per ticket, per game and if we all agree that would let them put the budget up to get extra players in, but dont think we will all agree do you? remember where we was a few years ago, short memories.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
There's only so long the old 'remember where we were a few years ago' line will wash I'm afraid.

Yes Dave is trying to steady the ship, yes the rent is crippling, yes we have lost three excellent players this summer but come on, can anyone really be happy with the signing of a 36 year old who was at Holbeach last season?

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 10:40:24 PM »
Didn't he end up playing for Magnet Tavern? Talk about turning us into a pub team!  >:(

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 10:46:49 PM »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:16 PM »
I'm with Noughty forties on this one. I'm usually one of the most optimistic of people (he normally refers to me as a happy claapper) but ffs if Mikel and Newsh aren't fit, and there's big question marks on both of their fitness then we are in BIG trouble. I'll go on record now and say neither Stones or Joachim will score 10, in fact I think they'll struggle to score 10 between them.

Happy with Liam Parker but think we've just wasted 2 wages, I'd sooner us have Alex Beck and Danny Matson back from Town...