Author Topic: Danny Sleath- World Student Games  (Read 2767 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Danny Sleath- World Student Games
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
Sleathy, Murphy and Churchy have been called up for the GB students squad for the World Student Games in China next month. I think Church has pulled out but with our lack of signings does anyone know if the club will let Sleathy go or not

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Danny Sleath- World Student Games
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
Aren't there some daft rules in football?

The three players named have all graduated this summer. So technically they're no longer students. Church's occupation is now that of professional footballer. Should any of them be allowed to play in the World Student Games?

It's a bit like James Milner being England's most-capped Under 21 international. The fact that he had turned 23 by the time he earned his last Under-21 cap no doubt helped!

I know it is based on a player's age and/or circumstances at a given point of time, but surely some of these rules could be simplified?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:15:16 PM by leicester pilgrim »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
The Under 21 rule is very simple - for Euro qualifiers and finals, there is a date specified that they have to have been born on or after (for the 2009 Euros, this was 1st January 1986). If the rule was that once you reached 22, you couldn't play, you might get the prospect of someone being 22 the day before the Final.

Essentially, anyone eligible to play in the first qualifier, can play all the way through the competition.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:43:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure sleath is still going to be a student as he's staying on to do his masters.

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
The club don't have to release them unless it's a FIFA specified date, which I'm 99% sure this isn't, so it's up to the managers.