Author Topic: FC United vs. Boston United - Match Thread  (Read 65359 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FC United vs. Boston United - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2009, 08:24:45 PM »
EVANS Saved 2 or3 certs . .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2009, 08:38:34 PM »
Great performance first half, gave a footballing lesson.

Good to see the players willing to mix it until they were given the chance to play their football, played some good stuff with the initial 3 up front. Fell apart a bit with the injuries and changes.

Looked a yard quicker to the ball than FCUM and took quite a few whacks on their ankles for it.

Interesting to see that the FCUM fans on their forum believe the ref was soft on our 'diving'.

Funny game, when I felt that some of the FCUM players were lucky with their late challenges and 10 was a very lucky boy to survive a few kicks out at players when a fussy ref would have sent him off for the first one.  They were the only team not to play the muscle card last year, strange how they felt the need to bully this year. Much like we've changed to a more physical game, must say something about what both teams learnt after a year in the Unidump.

I think they only came into it when our players started to believe the game was won and took their foot off the gas, lessons need to be learnt there as other teams will punish us if we do it again.

Not going to go over the top with this one, but job done at one of the harder places to go, and we'll be home and dry by half time if we play like that some weeks.

Onwards and upwards.

Link to FCUM pictures from their FORUM...

http://www.fcumania.co.uk/0910/bostonunited/page1.htm

Good one of those that made the trip

http://www.fcumania.co.uk/0910/bostonunited/BostonUnited-14.htm

and an arty one of our keeper, oooohhhhh

http://www.fcumania.co.uk/0910/bostonunited/BostonUnited-41.htm
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:58:27 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2009, 09:00:53 PM »

Somes up pretty much what I felt about that whinging little scrote by the end of the game. Like an annoying little jack russell. Yap Yap Yap

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »
just back from mancland and feeling great. thoroughly deserved win despite ref trying to let them equalize.big shout for the whole team with special mention for evans canoville and parker. evans doule save was worth seeing alone. great support from all the fans today felt like we were at home. bring on the next team.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »
Almost forgot...  ;D

Raymondo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »
Well done to all concerned. Good win against a team that are being slated to win the league. How many travellers from Boston were there?

Looks like Scotty W has lost weight :D :D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2009, 09:41:30 PM »
Well done to all concerned. Good win against a team that are being slated to win the league. How many travellers from Boston were there?

Looks like Scotty W has lost weight :D :D

Stripes are slimming

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2009, 09:48:12 PM »
great result , not getting over excited, as the last 15 mins or so we could'nt stop them attacking and other teams will punish us if its a constant thing

but its early days , hopefully a lesson learnt about not taking the foot off the gas

gotta be said i thought it was a great turn out today

more of the same i say , starting at frickley  ;D

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2009, 09:59:42 PM »
Great result, the lads did well, it's hard to hold a lead especially away, and they had two tricky wingers. First competative game for a team of players who have only been together a few weeks. If they can keep working for each other we have a chance of a decent season. The team and management will have learnt slot today

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2009, 09:59:52 PM »
Great performance apart from last 15 mins when we played far too deep.Other than that out-played them after a quiet first 10 mins.Can't believe the Mancs are accusing us of "diving",some of their tackling was nothing short of assault.Other than those already mentioned,good performances from Camm and Cullingworth as well I thought.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »
A few more pics...

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2009, 10:45:22 PM »
anyone know the official number of boston fans there, there must of been 300+

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2009, 11:29:02 PM »
A couple of quotes from the Pink 'un site. (Norfolk-based football news.)

14th August: "King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs insists the Linnets fear no-one ahead of the Unibond Premier Division kick off."

15th August: "King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs slammed his under-performing players for the worst display of his managerial career after a 3-1 Unibond Premier Division opening day home defeat to Stocksbridge at The Walks."

Maybe not sleeping so well tonight!

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2009, 12:00:47 AM »
Great performance apart from last 15 mins when we played far too deep.Other than that out-played them after a quiet first 10 mins.Can't believe the Mancs are accusing us of "diving",some of their tackling was nothing short of assault.Other than those already mentioned,good performances from Camm and Cullingworth as well I thought.

Agree with that.
I recognise that "football's a mans' game" and this league is a physical one, but there's a line between "competitive" and nasty play.
FCUM's 5 & 6 I thought were excellent today (which meant getting 2 past them was superb). All of their forward players: 7, 8, 9. 10 & 11 however,all overstepped the line one way or another. I've not seen many players as petulant as 10. Can someone tell me how a ref can make a great show of giving him a last warning, only to do exactly the same to him a short while later and still not card him ? Late tackles, Kicking out, and shirt pulling were rife and the ref didn't clamp down on it.
I had a lot of respect for FC how they've set their stall out to do things the right way but I'm afraid I don't any more if this is the way they are going  to perform this season.
Has anyone heard how Matt Austin is?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2009, 01:15:34 AM »
Hi If we hadnt made those clearances last 15 mins .we'd have lost about 5-2 .still work 2 do def midfield  I think. ..  SquaD a bit thin . .wat happens if  . Evans . Camm . Canners get injured .?