Author Topic: SWD  (Read 23914 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: SWD
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »
Agree Wembley 85 .  with the dross Imps are signing SWD  would be certain to make the starting line-up .    What other BSP team would waste their time looking at Clare ?.  Seems Tilson knows little about BSP and its players.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 12:32:22 PM »
Seems Tilson knows little about BSP and its players.

Agreed GHM, and we can expand that further by asking what he knows about League 2 players  ;D  ;D  ;D

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
Could be heading for a conference team but none which have been mentioned!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »
Alfreton / Mansfield . . take your pick..
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:50:20 PM by father Ted »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 02:51:35 PM »
None!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »
 Oh wat fun..

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
More to the point, if he is not signing for us who gives a S**T.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
I'm very suprised by all the negative comments towards SWD. When he played for us he put the effort in and I would say whilst he has been at the club out of all the players in the squad he had the best touch on the ball. I can understand why he wants to have a go at full time if he can get it.

He played a really important role in the revival of the clubs fortunes on the pitch and maybe would of beat Newsham to top Goalscorer if he had been at the club for the whole season in 2009/10, top scorer last season too.

Its not like he did nothing for us over the 2 seasons. I would of liked him to stay and personally I think we'll struggle to get someone of his ability and work rate to replace him. I understand Canoville and Lee's stanch on him taking too much time to give an answer to signing for 2011/2012 but understand why he waited, hey he might miss out and end up worst off but in life you only have one chance and maybe he thinks this is his last chance to step up again. Personally I think he could step up to BSP level. We shall see but I think in the two seasons with us he has been a very good servent to the club but also I think the club have helped him too. All the best SWD, gonna miss the song too.. Do,do,do SWD!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
More to the point, if he is not signing for us who gives a S**T.

+ 1

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Has anyone actually thought that SWD has taken stock of the situation, seen the mediocrity of the signings so far and thought 'sod this, I'm not being part of a mid table side after the last 2 good years' and exercised his right to look elsewhere?

Or are we not allowed such thoughts for fear of upsetting the happy clappers and performing seals that would applaud a washing line full of Utd shirts on here?

I liked him, I wish him well. I didn't think he was quite the player after Xmas that he had been for the previous 12-16 months but he was one of those who made things happen. I don't see anyone like that in the side at present.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »
Has anyone actually thought that SWD has taken stock of the situation, seen the mediocrity of the signings so far and thought 'sod this, I'm not being part of a mid table side after the last 2 good years' and exercised his right to look elsewhere?

We've only made two signings at present (Hall and Fairclough) so I don't see how he can base his movement on that, as most signings come after a glut of trials in pre-season. As he didn't return to pre-season, he won't have seen any of those in the offing from the first couple of sessions.  I get the feeling his mind was made up before the season ended, but the poor form at the end of the season may have cost him a move up that ladder.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »
I'm of the same opinion as you, he's at the highest level he'll ever attain, he's probably doing what most lads do now and looking for another club and another signing on fee.
Be interesting to see his reasoning, I just hope its not as laughable as Yates'!!!!

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
Pretty sure the reason SWD was less effective after Xmas was because he was struggling with an injury - for much of that time we were struggling for goals, so needed him to play.  At least SWD was willing to play when not fully fit, unlike some players we've had in the past.  I though he was just getting his sharpness back towards the end of the season, so disappointed he is not staying, but also disappointed he wouldn't give the club an answer one way or the other.  Seems clear he hadn't had the offers he thought he might, but has decided to take his chances and look for a higher club - good luck to him.

We need 2 or 3 new strikers now, especially if Newsh is not fully fit.  Most of the names mentioned so far in the rumours are defensive players - I hope we also have some good options for forwards.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »
Apparantly we have a current international on trial...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
And the son of an ex player on trial.