Author Topic: SWD  (Read 23910 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Re: SWD
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »
I thought JL and LC were hired largely for their ability to keep most of last year's squad together? Massive fail on that front. That said, I think they're right to take decisive action on SWD.

What worries me are the names being bandied about as replacements - Joachim, Liam Parker and Matt Hocking. Hopefully they're "just having a look" but if that's the extent of the new managers contacts I think we're in for a Tommy of a season.

Is it the managers contacts or the size of budget that's the problem??

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »
To me SWD is/was hanging around to see what offers were coming his way,if none came he would have signed for United.. Canners and Jase have done the right thing IMO,they need to know what squad they have and not be hanging around waiting for him to sign and lose the chance of getting someone else in....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »
I think some people have got to get real ..    The new managers have got rid of those players considered  not good enough .   LRPA how do you suggest they could have hung on to Church and Pearson ?       Regards SWD as stated by Crazy Neil the club came up with the right answer .     Same with Yates and Clarke let them go and collect the silly money ,  many fans was happy to see them go as with SWD.      Thanks to Chestnuts  the mercenaries of non-league football  do not get a welcome at Boston as in the past .     
       Simple mathmatics should tell us that at least six more players have to be signed so what basis can the team be condemmed .

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
I hoped he'd sign, but we've done the right thing because waiting this long was taking the piss... Good striker at this level but not likely to be effective any higher in my view.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 11:46:45 AM »
I also think alot of people are bothred about us becoming an average bsn club but if thats our budget thats what we will be so maybe we wont get the players we want

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
Jason and Canner did i very smart move, we DONT want players who are unsure if they want to be here or not playing for us. we gave him the offer and he didnt give no response so f*ck him, we will move on!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »
I also think alot of people are bothred about us becoming an average bsn club but if thats our budget thats what we will be so maybe we wont get the players we want

We won't become an Average BSN Club i'm sure of that, we might have a couple of seasons in here where we don't do much, but whilst building for the future, because BSP is a big difference on/off the pitch, in all honesty when the fixtures came out yesterday i had a feelling of 'what could have been' knowing we would have had Lincoln, Grimsby, Mansfield, Luton etc.

But we wasn't going to go FT even we had gone up DN  openly said that, so in the long-term having another season or 2 might help us enable we're ready as a club for the next level, remember last time when we went up 2 leagues quick? ... the rest is history

Oh and SWD? - Good player but not irreplaceable imo, had hot and cold patches and if he wasn't willing to commit Canners/Jase have done the right thing no-one is bigger than the club

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
The fact is Spencer was only ever using us as a stepping stone back to a higher level of football,but while he was here he contributed in a big way to our recent success, i for one wish him luck, and hope he does not end up at Gainsborough because of no other offers from above.

One would hope we have a good quality player lined up to score the 20+ goals a season we will need to compete, hopefully the compensation will be finalised soon and enable another push on for the conference,i suspect when we start to show a profit  the  club we will press on with plans for a new ground and can then look forward to a bigger budget for the team. A few good signings in the next few days will change the mood amongst the fans.   Come on Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33:14 PM »
SWD's body I don't think would cope with full time training - are there any bigger part time clubs than us?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
I think JL and LC have made the right move with SWD but lets not forget his goals played apart in our rise again, so im just gonna leave it at Good luck where ever you go and hope you find a club that does fit your wants.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »
Training with Lincoln is what they are saying on their forum

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s261.htm?426,12559445

They seem to be looking forward to both him and Clare.  Suggessting he has a sale potential back to the league is laughable.  Good at our level but I'd have been worried taking him into the division above.

Lincoln are in it for the long haul.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
SWD is not good enough to play for lincoln  :bunny

Swampy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
Perhaps he was also waiting to see what players we'd be getting in? A shame to see you go all the best for the future Spencer!

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
SWD is not good enough to play for lincoln  :bunny

I would say that he is too good to play for Lincoln, and I am talking about their qualities, not his  ;D  ;D  ;D