Author Topic: Jordan Fairclough  (Read 24848 times)

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Jordan Fairclough
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
Lets give him a chance you never know he might turn out better than pearson, now he is playing for a better club.  :bunny  :bunny  :bunny  :bunny

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »
One thing I will say about this at least it's opened up a bit of healthy debate on here which has been much lacking in the last few months.

Having had time to think about it, although I still have my reservations I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen him play, let's look at a few of the positives:

1) Reading his blog he seems to have a good attitude.
2) Having seen his youtube montage (and yes it will be the best bits) he looks to have lots of pace something the whole of our defence was lacking last season.
3) He will learn an awful lot playing alongside Canners and Austin.

Negatives?
1) He was part of the mass of signings at Corby that saw them slide down the table, taking some heavy beatings in the process.
2) It is obvious he sees us as a stepping stone to getting back into the pro ranks, if he does prove to be a young emerging talent he'll be off within a season or 2.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »
Yes he may only stay a couple of years, but if he does well we will be able to get a fee as he is under 24!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »
He must be fairly good if Corby wanted to keep him and Forest kept him until he was 19 and played him in Carling Cup matches.

Did we have to pay money to Corby for him because of his age?

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

2) It is obvious he sees us as a stepping stone to getting back into the pro ranks, if he does prove to be a young emerging talent he'll be off within a season or 2.

But wouldn't every young player at this level try and use their current clubs as stepping stones for pro clubs? Nothing wrong with having some ambition.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
Surely you want your young players to have that sort of hunger and ambition?  I didn't see Corby play last season, so don't know what impact he had on their team - for all I know, he might have saved them from even bigger beatings.

I wonder if he's there as cover or if he will be the starting RB?  I'd rather see Canners at full back than in the middle, but if the style of play they want has full backs bombing forward maybe we need someone quicker/fitter?  Still plenty of time to sign some more defenders, but if our starting central defensive partnership is Canners/Austin, I'd be worried!

Never seen Jordan Fairclough play, but if he's half the player his dad was he will be alright - imho Chris was one of the best defenders to play for Forest in the last 30 years.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »
 Looking at the Utube again he does seem an enthusiastic character . .  he could gee up the players if things weren't going well .
 What we really need  imho  is a coach / player coach  . . pref midfield  . . to get the best out of any young prospect that may come our way  .

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Can I say now....
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 05:19:49 PM »
When Pearson signed he was a relative unknown from stamford, can't remembr that many people getting too excited when he first signed and look how he turned out. I've never understood how people can make judgements about players without ever having seen them play. With attitudes like that we are doomed to fail before we even start! Give the young lad a warm welcome and most importantly a CHANCE. 

Well said Maxross, fully agree.  :)

“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 07:33:20 PM »
according to some corby fans on the non-league forum, fairclough was a good player for them and wish they could have signed him for the coming season. he scored once against droylsden.

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 03:38:35 PM »
When Pearson signed he was a relative unknown from stamford, can't remembr that many people getting too excited when he first signed and look how he turned out. I've never understood how people can make judgements about players without ever having seen them play. With attitudes like that we are doomed to fail before we even start! Give the young lad a warm welcome and most importantly a CHANCE. 

Well said Maxross, fully agree.  :)

Thats the whole point, totally agree. Lets just hope negative comments end  ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »
One thing i did notice watching the vid, he seems a strong lad who can certainly hold attackers at bay

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »
Hopes he's as good as his uncle! Super Sub David!

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 05:19:11 AM »
Four pages of comments and he has not kicked a ball for us ....

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 06:12:40 AM »
That's because we are a lod of match debaters,and bored.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 08:43:03 AM »
Hopes he's as good as his uncle! Super Sub David!

The "Ginger gene" hasn't made it down the family line then  ;D  ;D  ;D