Author Topic: Jordan Fairclough  (Read 24908 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Re: Jordan Fairclough
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »
How many houses do you think DN and NK sold in the last year?

More to the point, even if DN and NK had discovered a vast oil well on one of their plots, we don't want the playing budget to be subsidised by them because it'll do nothing to ensure long term sustainability of the club. Some investment to get us off the ground with the new ground will probably be needed though...

I don't think we'll be as good next season as we were last, and I'd bite your hand off the play offs right now - but that's because 10/11 was an exceptional season. It's ridiculous to get used to it or see it as the standard. Even with budgets far bigger than ours it's rare to get players as hungry, determined, committed and talented as Pearson and Church were, and losing both in one go is going to be very tough.

Hopefully we'll be able to supplement the squad with a couple of graduates from the youth team. If it's still being run at near-FL standards it is time it produced a few players good enough to play at the top end of BSN really, not that anyone really got a chance under Scott and Hurst.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:00:58 PM by Adam Hildred »

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »
Just spent 9 minutes watching him on Youtube and he never scored a goal, plus his taste in music is crap. Must be a waste of money.

Or, perhaps as an alternative we could give the lad a chance and watch him for a game or two before passing an opinion on him and the integrity of Jason and Lee.

Ever onward and upward

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »
Sorry but I'm getting a bad feeling about next season........

Another 'lazy' signing IMO, I'm worried we're going to be filled up with cast offs from Forest's and County's academies. At least the lads who H&S brought in were proven in a very good Ilkeston side, it strikes me this kid is not in the same class.

Prove me wrong please

Crikey, there I was thinking we had moved on from the automatic negative thoughts!

Tell you what, prove me right please.

When I see something that makes me think we've made a signing that will enhance what we have already I'll be the first to praise for sure.....

Sadly I think we'll be waiting a long time.

Okay. So why pronounce this 'I must me proved right' nonsense? Sadly, I think we'll be waiting a long time for you to change the same old attitude. noughtyforties talk to me!
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »

Another 'lazy' signing IMO, I'm worried we're going to be filled up with cast offs from Forest's and County's academies. At least the lads who H&S brought in were proven in a very good Ilkeston side, it strikes me this kid is not in the same class.

Prove me wrong please

Crikey, there I was thinking we had moved on from the automatic negative thoughts!

When I see something that makes me think we've made a signing that will enhance what we have already I'll be the first to praise for sure.....

Or maybe you should wait until you see something that makes you think he won't be a good signing? First to praise, my arse...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »
AGREE Pilgrim86  :)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 11:46:47 PM »
Well,IF Jordan pops on here to read this he will be thinking what the hell have I got myself into??

Give him a chance and see what he can do for gods sake,he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet he is being bracketed as useless and a panic buy by some  :-X

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 11:49:45 PM »
AGREE  Crazy Neil  :)

Let's be positive.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 11:57:02 PM »
I'll wait until conceding our first throw-in at our first pre-season game before criticising him

Long season ahead then with that view. What is the matter with you lot?  :(

It was a joke by the way, but its probably true for some people

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »
Joke, oh yeah.  ;D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:54 AM »

Prove me wrong please

Okay. So why pronounce this 'I must me proved right' nonsense? Sadly, I think we'll be waiting a long time for you to change the same old attitude. noughtyforties talk to me!

Funny really, there's 3 or 4 other posters who express reservations but its only me taken to task........

While I'm a paying customer I'll express my opinion as I see fit. I think we, as the supporters who pay more than anyone in this league deserve better than the signings we've seen so far. I personally don't think its unreasonable to expect a play off spot as a minimum requirement given the recent record.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »

Prove me wrong please

Funny really, there's 3 or 4 other posters who express reservations but its only me taken to task........

While I'm a paying customer I'll express my opinion as I see fit. I think we, as the supporters who pay more than anyone in this league deserve better than the signings we've seen so far. I personally don't think its unreasonable to expect a play off spot as a minimum requirement given the recent record.

I wouldn't expect a play-off spot, not because we've made a so called lazy signing in your eyes but because to lose Pearson and Church at this level then expect to replace them both in h e same summer is a big ask, hopefully we will repeat this season and end up being 'up their' but we'll have to wait and see give the new management at least enough time to show what they're made off, i remember S/H didn't win a home league game here until October ? so i'd say don't get on anbodys back too quick, because if you do you find yourself in the vicious circle of, fans their waiting for it to go wrong as a reason to moan, then players wondering why they bother and looking as if they give up after the slightest thing goes wrong against them = Booing from fans etc its one big vicous circle, as i've said previous on here i'd rather watch a side who play with passion struggle in any league than a side who is talented and only tunrs up when they feel the need to
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:57:41 AM by BUFC Loyal »

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 08:18:58 AM »

Prove me wrong please

How many times have you seen this lad play?  :o

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Lets not sell ourselves short though, beating Halifax to the post would be great, but a playoff place again is our aim in the grand scheme of things.  
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Maxross

• View Profile
Re: Can I say now....
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
When Pearson signed he was a relative unknown from stamford, can't remembr that many people getting too excited when he first signed and look how he turned out. I've never understood how people can make judgements about players without ever having seen them play. With attitudes like that we are doomed to fail before we even start! Give the young lad a warm welcome and most importantly a CHANCE. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »
 This reminds me of when we released Steve Charles and the manager go slagged off for replacing him with a kid from UCL  Stamford  ..   Dave Norris was the kid.