Author Topic: Crawley  (Read 4244 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Crawley
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »
From the Daily Mail last week:

The Football League are examing paperwork from newcomers Crawley Town needed to pass the owners' and directors' test. This also requires the club, favourites to win promotion to League One at the first attempt, to make public on their website anyone holding a stake of more than 10 per cent - which has yet to happen. Mystery surrounds Crawley's anonymous Far East bankrollers to the extent that a shell company based at Gatwick Airport allegedly owns the club.

I wonder what crap our dear Glasgow friend (not), will come up with!!!!!!!!!!!

amberexile

• View Profile
Re: Crawley
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:59:46 AM »
hope they nail them this time. at a guess though they'll do nothing and then demote us 3 leagues.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
hope they nail them this time. at a guess though they'll do nothing and then demote us 3 leagues.

Funny that,I said same to Mrs when I read the post earlier ;)

Hope he gets a lifetime ban this time..

YCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »
I can't believe you don't know what will happen.
The league will say that they are happy with what they've received and everything is in order.
The website will show 2/3 people holding more than 10%.
You, and I, will not have a clue who they are and the papers will not be able to reveal their true identity.
When (if) they get promoted things will start to get stranger...........
Then 'you know who' will blame his time at Boston for the miss-understanding and go to another club..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
I thought Gadafi was mentioned the other week!

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 05:34:17 PM »
Don't be afraid to say his name. It's VOLDEMORT.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »
It's Ryan Giggs
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »
I can't believe you don't know what will happen.
The league will say that they are happy with what they've received and everything is in order.

Bang on. Even IF everything is dodgy at Crawley (and despite it all looking very suspicious, no-one will know for sure until after the investment ends, as it inevitably will sooner or later, and it all comes out), let's not forget that the Football League declared that everything at Notts County was all above board, weeks before that shambles unravelled. Their feeble checks, even after that debacle, are mostly aimed at providing only a cursory examination of a club's affairs to the end of not upsetting anyone or causing any kind of controversy, lest they find themselves embroiled in some kind of legal stand off. Cowards, the lot of them.

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
There bubble will burst soon. hope McFrauds stomach will too