Author Topic: Chester  (Read 14196 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Chester
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 11:12:04 PM »
My knowledge on this is weak, are we the only club to continue to function that suffered the 2 division bollocks.

Halifax, Scarbrough and Nuneaton are effectively new teams so didn't.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 09:04:05 PM »
See their game is cancelled and everything has been thrown up in the air again.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 09:24:24 PM »
From the BBC website:

The Football Association have now told the Conference they are breaching rules in allowing Chester to play.

But a statement from the Conference late on Friday night hopes that the matter 'will be speedily resolved'.

The statement issued on the Conference website read: "In view of the FA's decision to review the decision of the Football Conference to grant Chester City membership for season 2009/10, the Conference has decided that it is in the interest of the integrity of all competitions and indeed the club, to postpone the club's first fixture against Grays Athletic.

"The Football Conference hopes that this matter will be speedily resolved to enable Chester City to fulfil its fixtures without further disruption to the club and the competition."
                                    - - - - - - - - -

So there you go! Nobody knows what's going on and is blaming everyone else. In the mean time, Grays have sold tickets, printed programmes, and are paying their players. They now join the queue owed money by Chester.

Blink and you'll miss it!

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
The summer has been a time of total farce.Chester City..........Farsley Celtic..........Northwich Vics ....and the Conference and the F.A. still can't run the proverbial p*ss up in a brewery.You can also bet your life they still won't do the right thing by Boston United.Add to all that the Unibonds handling of the Newcastle Blue Star situation.I despair of football administrators-they are all totally clueless.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »
It has been a joke!!

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 10:30:06 PM »
If the UniBond were telling the truth about not being contacted by NBS then i do feel for them.

Although they could have just reinstated Cammell Laird.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 11:18:43 PM »
Although they could have just reinstated Cammell Laird.
Why? They don't meet UniBond criteria...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »
Well their ground is just as bad as everyone elses, and they were promoted in the first place

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 10:38:09 AM »
with a stay of exicution(same as kings lynn) in wich they failed to meet.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »
Well their ground is just as bad as everyone elses, and they were promoted in the first place

Did you go? It really was the worst of the lot...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »
The FA has issued a statement regarding Chester City and the Football Conference.

The Football Conference was called to appear before a Commission of The FA’s Sanctions & Registrations Committee today.

The Commission found that the proposed arrangement whereby the new company running Chester City would be granted membership of the Conference by accepting a deduction of a further 15 points was a clear breach of Conference rules. As a result, the Commission has fined the Conference £5,000, suspended until the start of the 2010/11 season.

It was also ordered that the Conference review their insolvency rules in conjunction with The FA by 31 December 2009.

An FA spokesman said: “In the interests of all parties, not least the supporters of Chester City, this has been dealt with as a matter of priority. It has been clear that the Conference would be breaking its own rules by proceeding with their proposal and this made it impossible for The FA to approve it. We would have liked to resolve this situation before the start of the season but important aspects of this arrangement have only come to light in recent days.

“We understand that this unfolding situation has raised unique challenges for Chester City and the Conference. We have worked with both parties throughout this process to reach a solution that ensures that Chester City can continue to play football whilst respecting the financial regulations which are in place to protect the integrity of the game.

“We are pleased that this draws this issue with the Football Conference to a conclusion. We will now meet with the Conference to look at how its insolvency rules can be changed to avoid a repeat of this situation in the future.”

The Football Conference Chairman, Brian Lee, said: “Our main objective has been achieved, which will allow Chester City to play football on Saturday against Cambridge United. We accept the Commission’s findings and look forward to joining The FA in reviewing our insolvency procedures.”

So the Conference are going to have to review their insolvency rules, eh? Why couldn't they have done this two years ago?!

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »
a whole £5000  :o

So they are still on -15 points then?

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »
Seems there are other leagues in this world almost as crap as the FL/FC at making decisions and upholding their own rules.  I just read this about Livingston: http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=1810

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »
Not a whole £5000. They only pay if they try to do it again to some long-suffering club next year, or don't rewrite some of the small print in their rules by the end of 2009. Otherwise, carry on screwing it up without penalty.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »
So the FA come storming in and claim to be the "good guys" and that they are going agaisnt the bad guys (Conference)