Author Topic: Julian Joachim wants to earn second Boston United contract ( Standard)  (Read 8721 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
scottbufc & pride of lincolnshire have you not forgotten the rules?

criticism is frowned upon, we should all just be grateful we've got a club and be happy we're in a position to sign new players at all........tsk!

I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed so far by our incomings; the lads leaving in not at all surprised about and good luck to those who've moved for football reasons or geographical reasons, but these smack of very lazy signings and I hope the 'don't panic' cry issued last week is correct, because all I can see is down trading at the moment.

woad_pilgrim

People are knocking him with good reason though. He failed to score during a months stint at a club three leagues below us and prior to that was playing amateur football. If he comes in and bags 20 goals then great but I really cant see that happening and have not been impressed with any of our pre-season activity so far.
Whilst I agree with you about Joachim I don't agree that the rest is unimpressive.

The 5 let go where correct decisions, in fact I'd have also let go of Clarke (just not that impressed with him) and Murphy (injury prone) as well so both of their departures aren't much of a loss imo.

Yates, Church and Pearson we tried to keep but failed. Personally think Hall will be equally as good as Yates, Suarez is a risk, I'd have had a clause of some sort about him getting fit before handing him a contract. Joachim I don't think will sign.

The rest of the players signed from last season where all correct decisions IMO.

I personally think our best signings are yet to come, S&H left it very late before signing most of the squad the pre-season before our Unibond promotion season. If we can get Stevens think he'll be a very able replacement for Pearson if he's fit and can rediscover the form he had when last here.

Not totally impressed with some of the players we've been linked to, like the 4 from Corby where the better 2 have resigned. Think we can and will do better than that. Anyway think a bit of patience is needed, most of the best players wait to see what offers they get before committing themselves to a club...

woad_pilgrim

scottbufc & pride of lincolnshire have you not forgotten the rules?

criticism is frowned upon, we should all just be grateful we've got a club and be happy we're in a position to sign new players at all........tsk!
I don't think that is correct, some people just have different opinions to yourself.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Yeah they do and they are entitled to them, but by the same token we deserve better than a has been and someone who was never anything more than a squad player, don't you think?

Lets not forget we pay the highest admission prices in this league, couple that with the 2nd highest average gate and to my mind we should be looking at getting in quality, not proven mediocrity.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Saurez, Joachim - why do we always re-appoint rejected players as a "solution" to finding "new" players.
Rejected? Suarez left of his own accord, as he wasn't getting in ahead of DD. DD has now moved on, and with a proper season prep for Mikel, he'll do his normal good performance, if not better!

JJ was sold, albeit a few years ago now. Since he left us, he's been nomadic, probably because he hasn't been given contracts due to his wage demands. He's only on trial - if he does a job off the bench for £100 a week, scores the odd goal, and helps out as an experienced head in the dressing, he'll be worth it.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

woad_pilgrim

Yeah they do and they are entitled to them, but by the same token we deserve better than a has been and someone who was never anything more than a squad player, don't you think?

Lets not forget we pay the highest admission prices in this league, couple that with the 2nd highest average gate and to my mind we should be looking at getting in quality, not proven mediocrity.
I totally agree with you on Joachim, if they do sign him I think it'll be a mistake. Personally think it's just something to fill the papers as there's not much happening.

Suarez is decent if/when he's fit, that's the big question mark for me but if he does get himself fit I think he'll prove better than both DD and Boyes who pretty much shared the big man role opposite SWD.

Hall's a decent signing as is getting the rest of the squad from last season. Just think it's jumping the gun criticising before we know exactly who we're going to sign.

If we do sign Joachim and the players from Corby then's the time to criticise IMO.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

We should be targeting quality, but with the ground situation and debts the quality we can get on the pitch isnt representative of our gates. There maybe clubs who get 1000 less fans than us and still have bigger budgets than us.

Once we move we can really make use of our great support.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I've been reading this topic for a few days now. Like most i'd have loved to seen 'New Signing' splashed across the OS, a proper new signing, not one that has played for us before.
They i believe will appear, if not now at least in the near future. Players will sit and wait until clubs panic and give them 'silly money' to sign. Now i know some are fed up with being told how hard up we are as a club. The thing is, how many on here would pay more for something than they need to?

Give the club and the lads a chance to sort things out, neither want to sign players that are not good enough.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Gus

• View Profile
Plenty of time left and don't forget that JJ has not signed, he has just asked to train with us to see if he can get back to fitness, so not a 'done deal'.

Also. when Mikel left almost everybody said it should have been Danny D.

Time will tell!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I don't get all the fuss right now if i'm honest

we released IMO the right players so i can't fault C/L for that at all, we all expected Church and Pearson to go so yes its disspointing but not suprising and i'm sure the gaffers would have thought ahead with their plans without them, and Yates+Clarke left on there own accord, i personally enjoyed watching Yates when he was firing at all Cylinders he sh!ts up defenders with his speed but hes the type of player that is replaceable and by what others have said on here this Hall lad will go along way in replacing Yates, and i think we should have released Clarke anyway so i wasn't too fussed when i found out he had left.

Obviously i hope we bring in some players of good quality to keep up the momentum from these past 2 season's as they have been amazing which have given us something to shout and about proudly say you're a Pilgrim, but as others have said once we get our Ground sorted out we'll be able to reap the benefits of our great support

We've kept a decent chunk of team which we all know are an honest bunch of lads with a 'Never Give Up' attitude, and i'm sure we won't bring in anyone who just wants a good pay pack, i'd rather have a sqaud of players who maybe aren't the most talented you'll ever see but will give you 100% than a bunch of players who undoutbtly talented but look like they can't be ar$ed half the time.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Failed to score in the UCL a year ago, no thank you.

So did stones but he looked okay in the game he played.

woad_pilgrim

Just had a quick look back through the archives on here. June 11th 2009 we had 3 (three) players see this link:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ddd5c051b2d0e51699628790a5d435d6&topic=56.0

So it looks like there was panic back then regarding lack of signings. People seem to get very despondent (based on fans comments on here and the conf north forum) based on nothing more than lack of activity.

Also this gem from June 10th 2009:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=55.0

According to the Standard Joachim is going to sign was one of the post's. Smacks of lazy journo's just linking former players with us every pre-season  ::)

Oh and noughtyforties re pricing, Harrogate, Gloucester and Workington where all £12 last season so are going to be at least the same price as us this. Alty have anounced theirs as £13 to stand and £15 to sit which is more expensive. If Southport had stayed in our league they'd also have been more expensive. So we're not paying the most and wasn't last season...

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:26:10 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Maybe some people should give the club 72k a year and pay the rent if they are son concearned about us not signing the best players

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well according to Craig on twitter we have signed another player, not to be announced until Monday though.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Can recall first season S&H getting flak for not getting players signed early . After all the moaning we gained promotion .
 This time last season (and being repeated again this season ) Gainsborough had made  signings on big wages and there fans were overjoyed dreaming of promotion .  Is this the route some of fans would prefer ?