Author Topic: Julian Joachim wants to earn second Boston United contract ( Standard)  (Read 8723 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Published on Wednesday 15 June 2011 11:45

JULIAN Joachim reckons he’s still got what it takes to bang in the goals for Boston United.

The former Premier League forward will spend pre-season training with the Pilgrims.

And the ex-Aston Villa and Leicester City striker says he hopes he can convince managers Jason Lee and Lee Canoville to offer him a return to his home-town club.

“That’s the plan,” he said, when asked if he was looking for a season back in amber and black.

“I want to get my fitness back and hopefully get a deal.

“I’d love to come back, we’ll just have to wait and see.”

Joachim grabbed 16 goals in 48 appearances for Boston during the 2005-06 League Two season.

He netted a further three strikes in as many matches the following campaign, until the cash-strapped club sold him to Darlington for £100,000.

Joachim will have to prove himself in attack as United have already added Boston-born Chris Hall and Mikel Suarez to their squad this week, while Jason Lee and Marc Newsham are also signed on.

Joachim has played little football since leaving Evo-Stik Division One South side Quorn in 2010.

LPRA

• View Profile
I do not feel JJ has to prove anything. We should just sign him  :-*  :bunny

Thank God you're not the manager.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I do not feel JJ has to prove anything. We should just sign him  :-*  :bunny

Thank God you're not the manager.

seconded

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
And third (ed)!

Signing Suarez is a backward step imho, JJ as good as he was is not what we need and would be anothermistake.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Im pleased that you lot aint the managers, I never been a fan of JJ but im not going to knock it before we have seen it,  Seen plenty of players look shafted in there 30s only for them to turn up somewhere and blow people away with one last wind.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
how old was lawrie? i thought that may not have been a great decision but he was excellent. Local lad trying to prove a point? come on julian!

scottbufc

• View Profile
Failed to score in the UCL a year ago, no thank you.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
bad supply?

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
Good luck to him if hes good enough. Im more looking forward to Newsham having a full pre-season under his belt, and see if he can really cut it at this level this year, as he was outstanding in the Unibond..

Pride of Lincolnshire

Saurez, Joachim - why do we always re-appoint rejected players as a "solution" to finding "new" players. This smacks of either two things; a seriously low budget or poor knowledge of decent footballers. I hope the managers can do better with their next signings.
Usually I'm the most optismistic fan out there, but this is really starting to worry me for next season.

I'll go put my rose tinted specs back on. Toodle pip.

airsbufc

• View Profile
It seems to me that too many people are far too keen to knock players before giving them a chance just coz they are in the 30's
look how well dudfield did when he stepped in. What about Austin? - prob strongest defender we have at the club. And then there's bazza - enough said
JJ has the club in his blood, if he wants to try and get a place in his home club, then good on the bloke. I for one will give him a great round of applause if/when he first steps onto the pitch for a game.
We need more passionate players!!!
Up the pilgrims!!

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
JJ - The next manager in waiting!

I'd be careful if I was the 2 Lees

scottbufc

• View Profile
People are knocking him with good reason though. He failed to score during a months stint at a club three leagues below us and prior to that was playing amateur football. If he comes in and bags 20 goals then great but I really cant see that happening and have not been impressed with any of our pre-season activity so far.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Doc!Duffield is only 31!!!
We dont need JJ!!It seems we should be calling the club Boston United Old Boys!   

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Ah but it was the doubting before playing that I'm getting at. If he proves himself then awesome. Is lawrie really only 31?! Come back lawrie!!