Author Topic: Worcester comes back to haunt us.  (Read 2933 times)

Bob Lee

Worcester comes back to haunt us.
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »
I said in a post at the time that being knocked out of the cup would reflect on the budget for next season.

I see our playing budget has been reduced. :o

Adam

• View Profile
Re: Worcester comes back to haunt us.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »
I very much doubt the club budgets for any revenue from cup runs, and even if it did, the lack of one would have been compensated for by the bonus 2,600 all-paying crowd for the play off. Also it would only affect whether we hit or missed the budget for last season, there'll be another new budget for this coming season based on (presumably minimal) assumptions about cup runs or bumper gates etc. Or that's how I'd interpret it...

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:19:07 PM »
We'll also have the compensation fee for Pearson to come and potentially some compo from Grimsby for S&H (when is the court case btw?)

So aside from the lack of FA Cup run it hasnt been a bad year season for the finances.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »
Cup runs are rarely budgeted for any club that does is very foolish. For last years FA Cup income to have made a difference to this years budget we would probably have, had to have reached the 2nd round proper at the very least.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
the reduced budget is probably down to VAT increases and rises in gas and electric and other costs, also putting a bit aside for a rainy day. the last two winters have had a big impact on attendances.

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 10:21:18 PM »
DN actually said the budget had been "slightly reduced" so it doesn't sound like it's going to be much different to last season.

I'm sure him or Neil  also said at a forum that they don't budget to go any further than the entry point for the cup runs which seems entirely sensible as then any kind of progress is a bonus.