Author Topic: Clubs fighting over Josh Burge  (Read 1844 times)

Dave H

• View Profile
Clubs fighting over Josh Burge
« on: June 10, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »
Seems he's now hot property, obviously none of their scout's were at "that" game at Droylsden.

Hucknall and Eastwood in war of words
Friday, June 10, 2011 Nottingham Post
Follow
HUCKNALL Town assistant boss Gary Stones has accused former first team coach Jamie Brough of breaking a gentleman's agreement by targeting Yellows players.

Brough, along with Craig Armstrong, has taken the reins at Eastwood – playing two divisions higher in the football pyramid.

Watnall Road player Josh Burge has since been signed by the Badgers, with Ross Whalin expected to follow, while another Martin Ball, was approached.

That has angered Stones and manager Tommy Brookbanks, who initially made their feelings known on a club message board.

"We entrusted Jamie with a lot of responsibility last year and tried to help groom him for bigger and better things. Now he has stabbed us in the back," he said.

"He gave us his word he wouldn't come back for players.

"It wouldn't be so bad if he had been up front and said he wanted to take two or three players. We wouldn't have liked it, but we would have respected it.

"In this game you have to have contacts and if you start burning bridges, then you make it very hard for yourself.

"You have to keep everyone in the loop – you never know when you might have an injury crisis and need a player on loan – so he has not started off on a good footing."

But Brough says nothing was formally agreed upon his departure and feels he has done nothing wrong.

He added: "I have heard about what has been said but I have not read it because fans' forums are exactly that.

"It is very rare for a manager to move from one club to another and not take players.

"You can never say never in football. I am just doing my best to make Eastwood a successful team."