Author Topic: First signing..  (Read 4609 times)

thepilgrims

• View Profile
First signing..
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »
to be announced soon..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: First signing..
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
Chris Hall
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
never seen him play, but anyone from that Alfreton team is going to be a good addition.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »
Only made 11 apps last season so the jury must be out.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »
Hope he turns out to be has good as other Gainboro rejects who we have signed.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
Lincs Echo 7/6/2010

CHRIS HALL says he cannot wait to sample the buzz of playing in front of a big crowd again after becoming Boston United's first summer signing.

The left-sided midfielder has linked up with the Pilgrims on a one-year deal after leaving Blue Square Bet North champions Alfreton.

Hall had the option to stay with Nicky Law's side, but after making just 11 appearances during an injury-hit season, he has joined the Pilgrims in search of regular first-team football.

Hall says his career has been a "write-off" since he left then Football Conference side Burton Albion, where he famously played against Manchester United in the FA Cup.

But the Lincoln-born middleman is desperate to get back on track under Boston joint bosses Jason Lee and Lee Canoville.

"I was at Burton, which has been the pinnacle of my career. But since then, I've had a bad knee injury and the last few years have been a big of a write-off to be honest," said Hall, who played alongside Canoville at Gainsborough.

"I went to Gainsborough. Things started off okay, but then went pear-shaped.

"I went to Alfreton and things didn't work out as I would have liked.

"I started the season quite well, but was then left out of the side.

"I got back in the side and had a decent run of games, but then lost my place and I'm not sure why.

"I went out on loan to Stocksbridge and picked up an injury. I saw the season out there because Alfreton were flying.

"I spoke to Nicky Law at the end of the season and he asked me what my plans were.

"They are going to a full-time set-up next season, but I didn't want to find myself on the bench again so we agreed to part ways."

Hall says he is relishing playing at York Street.

"No disrespect to Gainsborough and Alfreton, but they're smallish clubs who get smallish crowds," he added.

"Boston are a big club for that level and I can't wait to get started."

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
L
"No disrespect to Gainsborough and Alfreton, but they're smallish clubs who get smallish crowds," he added.

"Boston are a big club for that level and I can't wait to get started."

Welcome, Chris.  ;D ;D ;D

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 11:19:28 AM »
I remember Chris Hall when he was starting out at Lincoln United (seems like years ago now!), he looked a very good prospect then. Some Stocksbridge fans I know were impressed with him last season and would have liked to have made his loan move a permanent one. Good luck to the lad.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »
I like the sound of this guy, did have my doubts but i think he could be a good signing :)

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
i think the key thing with this signing is that he is versatile!
With the small budget and squad we will likely have it could be a key signing over the season