Author Topic: Double your money  (Read 3189 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Double your money
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
If any of our players went full time and doubled their money would they get slated like Yates, think not. Im afraid there is no loyalty in football. Clubs at this level only pay players from August-may nothing for pre-season training, travelling, so they cant have it both ways. Discarding a player in May and then expecting him to be back in August fit and ready to go. Think if im honest i think the bigger picture shows we are happy for the time being in this league. Not ready to break the bank for players. Every season starts with 11 players on the pitch that we hope will give 100% til the seasons end, with the hope of glory. Too often this has not been the case. The last two seasons have been sucessful and this, has put our team on the map with our players being sought. Lets thank all the players that go for whatever reasons and hope Lee &Canners can sign players of equal or better ability. I think next seasons team will only have 6 at the most of this seasons players.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:51:15 PM by faraway pilgrim »

Maxross

• View Profile
Re: Double your money
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »
Could not agree more and would just add that the key thing is to have players who want to play for your club.  If any part of them wants to be elsewhere then best to wish them luck and let them leave.  That's the first step to getting a group of hungry players.

Teams like Gainsborough who flash the cash often achieve success, but can also end up with players who are only motivated by the money.  This seems to have been what has happened there for the last couple of seasons.  Time will tell how they do this year, personally though I'm more interested in how we do!

I'd say good luck to everyone who played last season as they all gave their best for Boston, in what was a very succesful first season at this level.  I'd prefer to focus on the players who will be playing for us next season and hoping that they have both the desire and ability to bring us more success next year.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:07:15 PM by Maxross »

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
Agree with all of the above although thankfully six will be the minimum amount of players returning with Bazza, Jellyman, Sleath, Newsham, Semple and Austin having all agreed deals, add Canners and those who are still undecided we could still retain a core of 8/9 of last season squad.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:56 AM »
I dont care that players go he stick is not for leaving. just y lie about the reason other than being close to home. y say its trinitys abition thay have none y claim its a football reason when its not y not just say what it is

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »
Big M,maybe, just maybe Little has realised what it takes to compete at the top end of this league. Little said in an interview with BBC Lincs a couple of weeks before the season finished that the top teams in this league have a squad of young players  instead of has beens and this was the route they were going to go down this coming season and admitted that this is where he had got it wrong last season. The Chairman certainly has the ambition (rightly or wrongly) splashing his own money trying to improve the club. Let's give Jamie Yates the benefit of doubt and move on.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
I really couldnt care about him if he dont play 4 us i dont care just makes me laugh

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
What would you expect Yates to say?  He can hardly say 'the only reason I've joined Trinity is for the money' - that would really get him off on the right foot with the Trinity fans! (both of them)

He's just trotting out the sort of cliches you'd expect of someone joining a new club.

Over the last couple of years, Cully and Yates seem to have been the team jokers - that doesn't always go down well with everyone (especially when the management team were playing for the club so recently and could have been on the receiving end of their jokes?)
As others have speculated, perhaps the management weren't busting a gut to keep him?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
on my other post a lad that went from fc united to halifax said just that so y not