Author Topic: Players signed on for next season  (Read 7426 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Players signed on for next season
« on: May 28, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »
Scotty daltons twitter page says the following players have signed for next season- Bazza
Gells
Sleathy
Newsh
 With big kev and semps signing soon.
Great news . Did anyone attend the dinner last nite. how was it? did most of the players attend?

Tony Goor

• View Profile
Re: Players signed on for next season
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 05:10:17 PM »
Official site says Jamie Yates is in talks to re-sign, but Trinity are saying he has already signed for them!!

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »
Money obviously talks for Yates, was on stage last night saying how much he loved the new managers and that the club could go as far as they wanted.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 05:32:46 PM »
Must be for cash reasons can't be ambition trinity have none

YellowHills

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
Confirmed by Scott Dalton on Twitter, Yates has gone

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 06:06:04 PM »
Yates gone to trinity?
is he p*ssed up or somthing?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
Clearly Swann is chucking the cash around again he really is deluded into thinking Grimity will become a footballing force and he'll build them a megga dome or some such monstrosity for their 400 fans.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »
Clearly Swann is chucking the cash around again he really is deluded into thinking Grimity will become a footballing force and he'll build them a megga dome or some such monstrosity for their 400 fans.

Worked for C*****y

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »

That formulae hasn't worked the last two years, why would they think it would this year.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »
I would say summit, but i cant its so funny it hurts

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 07:02:41 PM »
Yates gone to trinity?
is he p*ssed up or somthing?

Get over it, we'll find someone as good if not better! Lets be honest here, he had more poor games than he had good ones.
I'll be more pissed off if we lose either Churchy, Pearson or Murphy, now that would be a sad loss.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »
Is there any chance of him offering enough money to tempt Pearson or Church. If what Craig is implying (think thats the word) in his tweet,Yatesy has doubled his money. If that is true he will not be the last one going. >:(
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:20:58 PM by faraway pilgrim »

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
Maybe he's also sick of the stick he got from certain people at most home games?  I've always thought Yatesy contributed far more consistently than Semple.  After the Durham red card I thought we should get rid, but he won me over.

If he's gone for the money, that's disappointing.  To take a step down for more money shows what sort of person he is -not the sort of player we need in our squad.  Our players need to play for the shirt, not the dollar. 

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »
Maybe he's also sick of the stick he got from certain people at most home games?  I've always thought Yatesy contributed far more consistently than Semple.  After the Durham red card I thought we should get rid, but he won me over.

If he's gone for the money, that's disappointing.  To take a step down for more money shows what sort of person he is -not the sort of player we need in our squad.  Our players need to play for the shirt, not the dollar. 

Agreed.It's a decision Yates has made that's obviously nothing to do with ambition.We'll get someone in who  wants to play for the Club for the right reasons.

YCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »
Interested to read that you think he should stay for the love of the club. If you were to offer him enough to stay he may have considered it. Part time football is usually down to who pays the most. Full time is different as the player should want to better himself.
As a York fan I would play for nothing but I have to be realistic as you should be. Unfortunately money talks and players must do what is best for them. As some have said in the past, he's a waste of money!!!!!!
Can you blame him for leaving??