Author Topic: Conference Premier Play-Off Final : AFC Wimbledon v Luton Town  (Read 3774 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
With this being played down the road from me at the City Of Manchester Stadium on Saturday, I thought I might go along to take a look. Then I saw the ticket prices and thought again - best seats are £41 for what is still a NON-LEAGUE game!! So I'm now going to the Bolton Wanderers v Manchester City PREMIERSHIP game on Sunday instead for £6 less.

Fairfax

• View Profile
Re: Conference Premier Play-Off Final : AFC Wimbledon v Luton Town
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
Championship Play-off Final: cheapest £186.68, most expensive £247.
This is how Wembley is being paid for, and it will continue for many years.

It appears that the Conference is cashing in (or the Eastfields managers are jumping at the chance).

Bottom line: fleece the poor bloody fan until he wakes up and finds something else to do with his time.

We have lost our game, and we will not get it back until the whole bloody empire goes tits up. Unfortunately, Boston United and many other worthy, well run little clubs will have long ceased to exist before that happens.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
P.S. for Eastfields, read Eastlands. Couldn't type straight for the steam!

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:17 PM »
Well there will be two Pilgrims present thanks to Talksport setting a competition in which you had to know who the Grimsby manager was ! (Nice one, Matt !) Yes, it was some illiterate chap who had never used a computer before, (according to John Fenty's recent implications!). As for the current management I have no idea ....
 So looking forward to a decent day out, but certainly wouldn't pay £41 for a ticket otherwise. Apparently Wimbledon have only sold 4000 tickets, hardly a surprise with distance and cost. £3 per ticket booking fee and £5 for recorded delivery. My Wembley '85 ticket was £2, surely inflation hasn't got that bad !

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
Hats off to Sheffield United then. I'm off to the first leg of the FA Youth Cup final in a bit and its £3 in, £1 for concessions and two free tickets for season ticket holders! The local radio reckons there might be 30000 there...

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »
on talk sport tonight that the fa youth cup final  1st leg is sold out. 32,000

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:06:31 AM »
Sheff Utd 2-2 Man Utd.... Attendance: 29,977. Impressive stuff.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
Championship Play-off Final: cheapest £186.68, most expensive £247.
This is how Wembley is being paid for, and it will continue for many years.

It appears that the Conference is cashing in (or the Eastfields managers are jumping at the chance).

Bottom line: fleece the poor bloody fan until he wakes up and finds something else to do with his time.

We have lost our game, and we will not get it back until the whole bloody empire goes tits up. Unfortunately, Boston United and many other worthy, well run little clubs will have long ceased to exist before that happens.

Don't think so Tickets start from £32 up to £94 for seating at the Wembley play off final, Hospitality starts from £299.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR