Author Topic: Prediction League - BUFC v Grimsby Town  (Read 3879 times)

threenil

• View Profile
Prediction League - BUFC v Grimsby Town
« on: May 16, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
BUFC 1 : 0 Grimsby Town
Comp: £22,000

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
Re: Prediction League - BUFC v Grimsby Town
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:21:32 PM »
BUFC 2 : 1 Grimsby Town
og Scott
og Hirst
penalty(late in the game)  fenty £2000.00

subs used (to great effect towards end of seasongame
Canners
Lee
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:16 PM »
bufc 1 grismby 0
Comp: £35,000 :)

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:59:03 AM »
Boston United 1 Grimsby 2
Unfortunately while John Fenty may be suffering with PMA thats with being a pre-menstruel ar**h*le not positive mental attitude by the way. Paul Hurst has indicated to the Blue Square North site that they would be looking to raid Boston for some of its players at the start of June.

So compo for Boston and the loss of some players hurts us more short term

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:29:07 AM »
BUFC 1-0 Grimsby
og Fenty

He mistook the "Believe" message from S&H for "Make Believe" with his defence.

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »
If we are treating this event as a football match I would suggest the ref will not award any penalties that may favour Boston, so, no compensation, no sympathy and we will have to pay SnHnGrimsby some money for being a bother to them.
Anyone up for a conspiracy theory ?

Bob Lee

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »
If we are treating this event as a football match I would suggest the ref will not award any penalties that may favour Boston, so, no compensation, no sympathy and we will have to pay SnHnGrimsby some money for being a bother to them.
Anyone up for a conspiracy theory ?

Don't get me going ;D

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:28 AM »
Boston 0 Grimsby 0

Behind closed doors
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:21:35 AM by Chelsea »

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »
Paul Hurst has indicated to the Blue Square North site that they would be looking to raid Boston for some of its players at the start of June.

So compo for Boston and the loss of some players hurts us more short term

Old Yellow - bearing in mind that they will have to pay for the players they are most likely to want (Church & Pearson), we should be looking at some transfer income as well as maybe four figures compensation?  Assuming that they don't stay with us, I'd hope that Pearson would go higher than BSP and Church would go to a London area club (but not Crawley!). 

Would Grimsby be that desperate for any of our other players?  Murphy is the only other one I'd try for if I were them, but they've said they are looking to use a small squad, so can they take a risk on a player with an injury history like his?

You always have to replace key players who move on - the best players even leave Man Utd or Barcelona sometimes. 

With the club being run in the right way and a management team with a good knowledge of East Mids football (and good contacts to match), we should be able to find decent replacements.  With Dudfield and Lee working for Forest, maybe we could get some of their rejects?  Don't get me wrong, because our Rotherham 'rejects' have done well for us, but in my view Forest 'rejects' should be better than Rotherham 'rejects'. 

There will always be some teams throwing money around, but our budget will still be one of the larger ones for this level of football.  I'm confident we will be competitive at the top end of the table again next year, whoever we have to replace in our squad.