Author Topic: Next seasons squad  (Read 10931 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Next seasons squad
« on: May 14, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »
How many players do we need to compete at the top end of the league next season?
For me 18ish plus Jason Lee, Mickey Stones, Jason Field and Ricky Drury in the reseves as able back - ups would be about right. Bazza in goal, 6 defenders, 7 midfielders and 4 forwards. A larger squad would stretch the budget and cause unrest with those not involved, can always chop and change with no transfer period.

Of the 13 offered new contracts i will be delighted if we manage to retain double figures with so much speculation regarding players futures. Wiith the exception of Austin (who despite his adavantages experience etc) seems to play too much hoof ball and isn't getting any younger i hope all offered new contracts stay. It will be important to have players who are comfortable in several positions such Clarke and Newsham without a large squad.

Not trying to tell Jason and Lee how to do their jobs but its a long summer with no matches to discuss....

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Next seasons squad
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Jamie Cook released by Crawley could be worth a punt if he is prepared to drop down to this level.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:52:17 PM »
Maybe Ricky Drury will not be automatic choice as back up. Speaking to a certain ex Boston united goalkeeper who may get himself in the frame as back up keeper he may get the chance to be the back up keeper while registered somewhere else.  :o , We'll see hey!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
Maybe Ricky Drury will not be automatic choice as back up. Speaking to a certain ex Boston united goalkeeper who may get himself in the frame as back up keeper he may get the chance to be the back up keeper while registered somewhere else.  :o , We'll see hey!

who would that be ? my guess would be maybe Butcher ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
Martin Bunce?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »
John Blackwell?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »
Well Semple is staying now thats a good start

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
Where did you here this Big M?

A few suggestions:

Junior English from Solihull - midfielder in the Church mold played very well in both league games against us.

James Lukic from Matlock - their captain plays centre defence - again every time he played against us was outstanding. Only problem was last time he played at this level for Gainsborough he had a tough time and ended going back to Matlock after 1 season where he has spent most of his career.

Danny Glover from Worcester - was outstanding in the cup game here and at their place in the league. Would of also said Ryan Clarke but he was a disaster last time he was here.

All off the top of my head I'm sure others on here have their own suggestions.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »

Semps said on his twitter

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:49:56 PM »

A few suggestions:

Junior English from Solihull - midfielder in the Church mold played very well in both league games against us.

James Lukic from Matlock - their captain plays centre defence - again every time he played against us was outstanding. Only problem was last time he played at this level for Gainsborough he had a tough time and ended going back to Matlock after 1 season where he has spent most of his career.

Danny Glover from Worcester - was outstanding in the cup game here and at their place in the league. Would of also said Ryan Clarke but he was a disaster last time he was here.

On his Twitter:

Next year gonna be another tough long season but can't wait to get started already! All in it together again!! #pilgrimpromotionpush2011/12

Following a few of them on there and looking at what they say, I do genuinely think we have a group of players with a level of team spirit which is actually very rare amongst teams (and performances on the pitch have long suggested this). If anything it's probably improved since the departure of Scott and Hurst, and they definitely all look to be happy with Jase and Canners taking over.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 11:26:23 PM »
Agree with the all the above Adam. If several leave including Church and Pearson it would be a real challenge to recreate the same team spirit and attract players of the same ability, commitment, energy and leadership of Church and Pearson. Hopefully we can keep as many of those offered deals as possible and recruit wisely.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 12:43:39 AM »

A few suggestions:

Lukic did well in the game against us earlier in the season keeping Roca and Norton quiete but in the game at Matlock about a month ago he had an utter utter stinker.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »
Ur rite it was on twitter well he said hes staying so hope so

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »
Hopefully by "all in it together again" Semps is implying that they are all staying!!

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »

A few suggestions:

Churchy said he would stay if we all gave him £20 so he got about £30k ;)